• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    Over the last several weeks, America has been exposed to a global health threat: The Ebola Virus. While Ebola is a present danger to many in West Africa, it has crossed our borders in Dallas, TX. Before panic spreads to the citizens of Maryland, the facts of the disease need to examined. Even though Ebola is a contagious disease, it can only be transmitted through direct contact of blood or body fluids when a person is experiencing symptoms. Because of this slow transmission, prevention is possible through isolation and proper sanitation and the use of universal precautions. My office and I have recently spoke with health officials in our county and state who assured me that Maryland Health Care is prepared to treat anyone who is suspected of or has been confirmed to have Ebola. While this is a scary time for America, we must trust the medical establishment in the recognition, treatment and prevention of this virus. We should be concerned of other threats to our health. The flu virus has a higher mutation rate than Ebola and is known to be deadlier. I encourage every citizen to have a flu vaccine this year to help prevent and minimize this threat to Maryland.

Senator Roy Dyson

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    Response

Roy,
    We know who we have to blame for this. Its not you but it is your party. Your party is in charge and everything they have touched turns to bovine excretions.

Guns
    Money
    Morals
    Bibles

Your party wants to strip us of everything.

Now you want my life.

When someone sneezes they are transferring body fluids. We need a quarantine at these airports. I heard we have thirty days to do something or SHTF.

My name is Chris Crowley and I am voting for Steve.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I got the same BS from him. After all my letter writing, phone calls and showing up in Annapolis last year against SB281 I never heard back from him once. I still get e-mails from Senators and Delegates in other districts like I am one of their constituants.:sad20:

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    I got the same BS from him. After all my letter writing, phone calls and showing up in Annapolis last year against SB281 I never heard back from him once. I still get e-mails from Senators and Delegates in other districts like I am one of their constituants.:sad20:

There is a cure for that. Steve Waugh

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    He says "trust the medical establishment".

Except when the "medical establishment" has been politicized, and spouts PC BS for the politicians that appoint them to cushy, overpaid Health Department jobs.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The flu virus is deadlier than Ebola.......unless you get Ebola.

That is just preposterous. He is also just spouting back what the CDC is telling people. I'm not sure that is the most accurate thing. This thing is pretty damn contagious.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The good Senator is dangerously misinformed. There is a growing body of evidence worldwide that airborne Eboal-infected body fluid aerosols are spreading the virus without any physical patient contact The latest case in Dallas is a deputy who was present in the same apartment as Patient One stayed in, but after he was admitted to the hospital (about the same time he died).

Ebola and the flu are two different, unrelated families of organisms. Why am I giving up on flu shots this year? The flu shot you get this year immunizes you against the most widespread of last year's strains, not this yer's emerging strains. I don't want to get the shot followed by the flu again this year.

[Climbs off soap box]

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

Attachments

• sticker,375x360.png
      sticker,375x360.png
      2.7 KB · Views: 419

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The good Senator is dangerously misinformed. There is a growing body of evidence worldwide that airborne Eboal-infected body fluid aerosols are spreading the virus without any physical patient contact The latest case in Dallas is a deputy who was present in the same apartment as Patient One stayed in, but after he was admitted to the hospital (about the same time he died).

Ebola and the flu are two different, unrelated families of organisms. Why am I giving up on flu shots this year? The flu shot you get this year immunizes you against the most widespread of last year's strains, not this yer's emerging strains. I don't want to get the shot followed by the flu again this year.

[Climbs off soap box]

Um, no. The flu shot covers what is predicted to be the predominant strain that will come around THIS year. It is based on what is seen in humans to some degree, but also in the major reservoirs of influenza; ducks and pigs.

The reason it is important to get your flu shot is that the symptoms of Ebola and Influenza are almost identical. Please take off your tin foil and get the flu shot.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    What is the mortality rate of Ebola?

How does it compare with influenza?

Influenza is more dangerous to some classes of person than others..... what is the risk profile with Ebola if any?

Senator? Senator?..... you awake?

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    My understanding is that ebola may well mutate into a virus that is spread through the air. I fear this may get ugly.

Virus mutation that is still deadly is my concern. That just is not predicatable. We need to drop any PC that could inhibit us in any way from spreading ebola in its current form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom