• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Go take the course. It's 25 rounds with a maximum score of 125 for the civilian course. Armed security is required to shoot 50 rounds. I know because I took the course.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Go take the course. It's 25 rounds with a maximum score of 125 for the civilian course. Armed security is required to shoot 50 rounds. I know because I took the course.

By the way, my wife just took the course and no point system was used, just hits and misses.

The question still remains, WHO SET THAT POINT SYSTEM? It's not in the law. By law, 25 hits is 100 % not 125 points. We are starting to see where instructors are setting their own rules and adding requirements to what is listed in COMAR.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    But 70 points out of a possible 125 is NOT 70% hit, so doesn't meet the law. :)

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I really don't give a rats ass about the scoring thing, hell any idiot could figure out that with the number of rounds being locked at 25, you only need to know that you must hit 18 out of 25, no need for either percentages or points. The passing score was written into the bill and into COMAR.

What pisses me off is the fact that MSP has written procedures that now include requirements that are not in COMAR, namely timed shots and Scan and Cover.

Anyone who attended the SB 281 hearings, floor debates, voting sessions, or the COMAR hearing, know that our community and especially Delegate Mike Smeigle, fought very hard to keep all the BS testing requirements out of the final bill and now, MSP once again, as they did with the one round for the HQL, has introduced more stringent requirements.

Sure, 1 shot placed in 3 seconds is a breeze for the young whippersnappers that can double tap a tossed beer can before it hits the ground, but what about the older folks and those with issues that slow them down? Would it be right to deny them their 2A rights just because they aren't as quick on the draw as they used to be?

This should be added to Dblas' list of items to be discussed with Hogan when he is elected.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I really don't give a rats ass about the scoring thing, hell any idiot could figure out that with the number of rounds being locked at 25, you only need to know that you must hit 18 out of 25, no need for either percentages or points. The passing score was written into the bill and into COMAR.

What pisses me off is the fact that MSP has written procedures that now include requirements that are not in COMAR, namely timed shots and Scan and Cover.

Anyone who attended the SB 281 hearings, floor debates, voting sessions, or the COMAR hearing, know that our community and especially Delegate Mike Smeigle, fought very hard to keep all the BS testing requirements out of the final bill and now, MSP once again, as they did with the one round for the HQL, has introduced more stringent requirements.

Sure, 1 shot placed in 3 seconds is a breeze for the young whippersnappers that can double tap a tossed beer can before it hits the ground, but what about the older folks and those with issues that slow them down? Would it be right to deny them their 2A rights just because they aren't as quick on the draw as they used to be?

This should be added to Dblas' list of items to be discussed with Hogan when he is elected.

I love the optimism. Get out the vote! HOGAN!!!!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I did my live fire portion this past January and this is quite a bit different than what I had to do.

The instructor had guidelines of some sort printed out (assumed it came from MSP) and it also included some weak and one hand shooting. Same 25 round total.

All in all if you shoot even just every so often you should easily ace this part.....
    That is the portion of the guidelines for security guards and such.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    The second day of the 2 day training was for renewals. It was the first time any of them had to go through this. One of them was getting renewed for armed security and failed miserably. The instructor told her that he couldn't even score her because she fired 50 rounds and there was only 26 holes on the paper.

One of the guys later told me he was next to her and got pissed because she was hitting his target.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I would like to apply for a carry permit in MD. I do own a small business. My question is: How many deposit slips does the MSP want to see? How large of a deposit is considered a large amount of cash?

What is a large amount of money to me may be nothing to someone else.....
    It is all such BS!
    I also transport expensive equipment as part of my business. Expensive meaning items above $500 up to $5,000 which I do not know how to prove that.

Thanks

JC

Are you related to Chris and Danny? You don't have to answer that on here if you don't want.

stsltd

Feb 1, 2006
    The second day of the 2 day training was for renewals. It was the first time any of them had to go through this. One of them was getting renewed for armed security and failed miserably. The instructor told her that he couldn't even score her because she fired 50 rounds and there was only 26 holes on the paper.

One of the guys later told me he was next to her and got pissed because she was hitting his target.

During the warm up session when I went throught the renewal class recently, my target was hit several times by one of the adjacent shooters - in general the non security CCW renewal shooters were pretty good, one of the security shooters was terrific

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I attended a "Wear Carry Permit" renewal course for my latest renewal and was taken back by some of the others there who couldn't present their weapon system nor could they shoot very well. Some fumbled with their guns, some didn't hit target in center mass (this was a no stress shoot). God forbid a real situation happened, I think they would have shot themselves instead of the threat. Some had carried for 20+ years. While I don't agree with the State's stance on CCW, I do feel that anyone who carries a firearm should be trained. I try to train on a regular basis (at the range) and take as many as courses when I can. It all helps me keep up the edge. Chris

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Dont do the deposit slips. Just get a letter from your bank that states:

Mr X whom owns /operates X Inc has several bank accounts which have multiple transactions stemming from deposits and withdrawals.

You have access to the WC so do a search and a lengthy post will come up.

:thumbsup:

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I took the renewal course in July at AGC. It was one on one. No others there for distractions and it made the class move along quickly. The shooting qualification is on a point system. I shot about 100 rounds during the course, but the qualification was 25 shots at a silhouette target at 7-10 yards. There were different point values based on where the rounds struck the target. 125 points max with 70% needed to qualify(approx. 90 points). I scored a 108 out of 125 or approx. 87%

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom