• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    My God man! You are sooooooooooooooooooooo wrong in the arena of public perception! ! ! ! ! ! ! It's all about how it looks and feels! and not about facts!!!!!! :lol2:

Yeah, have to remember who is on the other side. Does Anne Arundel lean left or right? If it leans to the left, we have to go with stuff like "Oh the travesty....". If it leans right, we have to use actual facts and numbers, like the amount of days Pinkerton lost from his life because he had to deal with this, the amount of money he lost, etc.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Some people can dismiss one screw up and give a person a second chance. Now, multiple screw ups, well.............

So, your point is that it is more important to be able to defend yourself inside your home than outside of your home. People can relate to having to defend themselves inside their homes, but cannot relate to having to defend themselves outside of their homes. Personally, I am more afraid for my safety and my family's safety outside of my home than inside of my home.

I do agree that Pinkerton was a much bigger screw up because it didn't even make it to the jury. There just wasn't enough evidence to get it that far.
    Um.....no. My point, once again, is that the SA is a nightmare and people need to be aware of it. That's my point. Not posting this to argue which case matters more, with you. Posting this to bring attention to the nightmare of an SA. Thanks for your input.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Um.....no. My point, once again, is that the SA is a nightmare and people need to be aware of it. That's my point. Not posting this to argue which case matters more, with you. Posting this to bring attention to the nightmare of an SA. Thanks for your input.

Well, hopefully you are posting it elsewhere, because you are pretty much speaking to the choir on this board. We already know she is a disaster. I've been posting about it since the Walker verdict, which was shortly after the Pinkerton dismissal.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Well, hopefully you are posting it elsewhere, because you are pretty much speaking to the choir on this board. We already know she is a disaster. I've been posting about it since the Walker verdict, which was shortly after the Pinkerton dismissal.
    I was surprised, and I think you would be too, at how many folks here DO NOT know the facts behind the Pinkerton case. And, do not know who is running for SA in AA county.

As far as speaking to the choir goes.....that's the whole point of a forum.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Leitess, an appointed Democrat, made a political decision to prosecute Pinkerton, hoping to make a name for herself with a high profile case involving the timely, hot button issues around self defense in one's home, and involving a firearm. If she had won a conviction, it would have made her a darling of Maryland's Left, especially the anti-gun crowd that just rammed SB281 down everyone's throats.

It backfired.

Then, she doubled down with Walker, another political prosecution although not nearly so blatantly so as Pinkerton.

Another stink bomb.

The Democrats don't like guns, and if they can ban you from exercising self defense with a gun, why do you need a gun for self defense? Right?

AA County is one of the few larger counties that leans Republican, but the Dems are working hard to change that.

Wes Adams is the Republican candidate running against Leitess. He's an experienced prosecutor who lives in AA and puts bad guys away in neighboring PG. AA would benefit from his experience and talents in his home county.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Leitess, an appointed Democrat, made a political decision to prosecute Pinkerton, hoping to make a name for herself with a high profile case involving the timely, hot button issues around self defense in one's home, and involving a firearm. If she had won a conviction, it would have made her a darling of Maryland's Left, especially the anti-gun crowd that just rammed SB281 down everyone's throats.

It backfired.

Then, she doubled down with Walker, another political prosecution although not nearly so blatantly so as Pinkerton.

Another stink bomb.

The Democrats don't like guns, and if they can ban you from exercising self defense with a gun, why do you need a gun for self defense? Right?

AA County is one of the few larger counties that leans Republican, but the Dems are working hard to change that.

Wes Adams is the Republican candidate running against Leitess. He's an experienced prosecutor who lives in AA and puts bad guys away in neighboring PG. AA would benefit from his experience and talents in his home county.
    Agreed on all counts.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Yes, the residents are generally to the right (maybe even more than it seems), but it is "ruled" by entrenched, charalatan leftwads in District 32, and the city of Analpolis.

Turn those over, and it's a completely different ballgame.

Removal of Beidle would be a tremendous first step as well as preventing Mark Chang from getting into the House of Delegates. Ted can be the token

Mr H

Banana'd

Attachments

• leitess.JPG
      leitess.JPG
      126.6 KB · Views: 95

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Just found this interesting...

Wife sent me a link about this from earlier in the week, and oh, my... wudja look at that ad banner...

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/...torney-accident-1009-20141009,0,1354039.story
    She has a habit of ( rear ending ) folks. In the Pinkerton case, she took her eye off of the long history of assualt the perp had against the Pinkerton family, when she reached down to find her moral compas she also misplaced MD castle doctrine law and inadvertently stuck Pinkerton in the $&@ with a criminal manslaughter charge. The Judge wiped her nose, threw out the case and sent her on her merry way so she could rear end someone else.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    The Blessing in this is hopefully that as someone else stated earlier, AA is right (also as in correctly) leaning and that they will show up on 11/4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom