• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Unless he makes some headway in Baltimore, PG and MoCo then I do not see him getting very far in this election. I really do want him to succeed, but my gut says he has a long road ahead of him.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Thats what I find interesting. He isnt stupid he would know this info would go public. Why could he not just put something on fb like our nedt msp super will be friendlier to the 2a. Not cite examples but show that he really means it and isnt hiding or saying crap to get votes only.

As much as we know we're "watched", we are still not Facebook.

Here, we get core supporters, and a few lurkers and operatives.

Facebook, it's pretty much open to the world.

In any case.... Would folks rather vote for Brown?!?!!?!??!

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    One thing Hogan said tonight...

"If you like O'Malley, you'll like Brown."

I absolutely positively can not stand that tyranical little F**ck.Brown is as arrogant as his boss. He can go F himself too. Hogan has got to win .I would have to move out of here,can barely afford it now. Currently looking for another job.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I understand the reluctance; most all of us are hardwired to be cautious and skeptical - it's in part what makes us so self-reliant and 'conservative'. I looked him in the eye and repeated what he said, and I asked his permission for Mr.H and I to say it and he said unequivocally, yes. He really can win this, and I now believe in my heart, he is with us.

I'm not saying he's going to try to repeal SB281 or give everyone permits; but he strikes me as extremely honest and shockingly well informed. I realize now, that was in part because you guys had already met with him; and when I mentioned how many of us attended the rally against SB281, he was very aware.

I actually sort-of tried to back out of the conversation after the first 15 minutes or so, to go watch Tim Walters and Wes Adams have ice water dumped over their heads, but Larry was so passionately speaking about various gun issues, I couldn't walk away.

The one point I really wanted to drive home was resolving the G&A issue; and he completely understood the issue, and on his own accord related that it alone would make Maryland effectively 'Shall Issue', and that Maryland needed to be 'Shall Issue'. I'm starting to think he personally might be spending time reading our forum.

There was so much more in his speech about taxes, and how his opponents have spent their war chest, and underestimated him; and the recent polls 'they' (his opponents) paid for showed him neck and neck. I've heard a lot of politicians just say what you want to hear and not have any substance; I'm saying Hogan is the real deal. I'm so glad he's backing Tim Walters; we need folks like these guys running for office. A few of you could do us a lot of good too. Just sayin' :)

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Meh. Im pessimistic, I see an erlich. And dont start with the a vote against hogan is a vote for brown crap.

Crap? No, it's a fact. This constant in-fighting is what has lead to our fall to begin with. If it continues a climb out of this hole will be impossible.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    His strategy is sound. The only way to win is to get the democratic and independent vote. You have to stay low key on the 2A issue to get there. Terry Lynn DeGraw was asked to run mainly because of her 2A stance, but has chosen to tone it down for several reasons. One was the label of being a "one issue candidate". The other is that District 31A is more than 2 to 1 D over R.

Dec 31, 2012
    There are ghosts in the water cooler as well.

This is great news for the 2A in Maryland. Take it for what it's worth. You really have no alternative. After he's elected you can drive the point home. If you really are dissatisfied then vote against in the 2nd term election.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Most of what we are recounting is about 2A issues, because this forum is about Maryland2A Issues - but in all fairness, most of Larry's speech was about turning the state around, fixing the taxes, getting people to work, and how to stop businesses wanting to leave the state. (Some of those points might have been in Tim's speech, or Ed's, anyhow they all feel that way). My sense is that 'gun-issues' is a much lower priority, and understandably so - at this point. Larry wants Democrats and Independents to know where he stands on the issues that matter the most to him and the rest of us. It doesn't make sense to waste any time talking about gun issues to the audience that matters most to his campaign right now. I accept that. Same deal with Tim Walters, and any other moderate Republican running for office in Maryland. We know for certain Ehrich didn't make things (gun issues) worse; and I'm convinced Larry, and Tim and a lot of these other moderate Republicans will be allies and make a lot of things better for everyone, including gun-rights - in due course. I know it's a bit of a leap of faith, but I don't know anyone who wants another O'Malley and a vote for Brown is just more O'Malley.

There were several other MDShooters there, I hope they will find this thread and chime in; I really wish all of you could have been there.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I've got to get up early in the morning to go to work; so I better say one more thing first.

Most of what we are recounting is about 2A issues, because this forum is about Maryland2A Issues - but in all fairness, most of Larry's speech was about turning the state around, fixing the taxes, getting people to work, and how to stop businesses wanting to leave the state. (Some of those points might have been in Tim's speech, or Ed's, anyhow they all feel that way). My sense is that 'gun-right' is a much lower priority, and understandably so - at this point. Larry wants Democrats and Independents to know where he stands on the issues that matter the most to him and the rest of us. It doesn't make sense to waste any time talking about gun issues to the audience that matters most to his campaign right now. I accept that. Same deal with Tim Walters, and any other moderate Republican running for office in Maryland. We know for certain Ehrich didn't make things (gun issues) worse; and I'm convinced Larry, and Tim and a lot of these other moderate Republicans will be allies and make a lot of things better for everyone, including gun-rights - in due course. I know it's a bit of a leap of faith, but I don't know anyone who wants another O'Malley and a vote for Brown is just more O'Malley.

Well said.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Guys, listen up.

For no other reason than the fact he is a conservative Repub, his chances are automatically slim. This is still MD we are talking about.

However, he does have a decent shot. But if he wins, it will be by a slim margin. He cannot afford to lose a single vote, and certainly not because we repeated some comments made off the record and in a somewhat private setting. Remember how that killed Romney with his 47% comment.

Let Hogan control his message as he sees fit.

Suffice to say, you will love Hogan on his worst day a heck of a lot more than Brown on his best day.

The entire key is to get out the vote. Something like 17% voted in the primary. If you want to make a difference, don't just vote, but pester every conservative friend you have to get out and vote. But keep your mouth shut about elections and voting when around liberals, and let them stay home from apathy.

Hush up on Hogan's message. But just talk him up with friends.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Shore...

Well said, and pretty much on the mark.

Conservative turnout (or at least R voters) is critical this year, all up and down the line.

It could be a golden year for our freedoms... But when we hear the usual suspects hanging around waiting for someone else to carry their water, that is the surest way to get more of the same.

Several of the candidates I spoke with last night feel likewise.

Last edited:

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Vote for somebody who claims they support the 2a or vote for someone who clearly does not and will do everything he can to steal more of our rights? Saying he supports 2a even if he does not is really all we can hope for right?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    If I was running for public office I think I'd pretty much keep my mouth shut about guns (and same sex marriage). It's a no win situation.

Maryland has many more pressing issues to address besides guns.

The fact that he realizes that the personel at MSP are key more that proclaiming he can "veto" SB281 (which he can't) tells me he has a realistic approach on the issue.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Guys, listen up.

For no other reason than the fact he is a conservative Repub, his chances are automatically slim. This is still MD we are talking about.

However, he does have a decent shot. But if he wins, it will be by a slim margin. He cannot afford to lose a single vote, and certainly not because we repeated some comments made off the record and in a somewhat private setting. Remember how that killed Romney with his 47% comment.

Let Hogan control his message as he sees fit.

Suffice to say, you will love Hogan on his worst day a heck of a lot more than Brown on his best day.

The entire key is to get out the vote. Something like 17% voted in the primary. If you want to make a difference, don't just vote, but pester every conservative friend you have to get out and vote. But keep your mouth shut about elections and voting when around liberals, and let them stay home from apathy.

Hush up on Hogan's message. But just talk him up with friends.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: times 1,000

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Shore...

Well said, and pretty much on the mark.

Conservative turnout (or at least R voters) is critical this year, all up and down the line.

It could be a golden year for us... But waiting for someone else to carry our water is the surest way to more of the same.

Several of the candidates I spoke with last night feel the same.

I am certainly NOT suggesting we passively sit and wait and watch.

I am suggesting 2A is a lightning rod issue, and let Hogan decide how HE wants to handle it.

First do no harm.

But nothing prevents each of us from talking him up on general grounds, and getting out the vote. Getting out the vote is THEE #1 thing each of us can help do, and it costs us nothing, so everyone can pitch in and do their part as they go about the job of living.

H, you are a respected man on this Board, and I presume elsewhere in life. Folks here know how you feel about 2A. If all you say is you have met him, and are behind Hogan, we get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom