• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    If you're worried about price/performance, get a Rossi 92 in .44 Magnum.

.44 Magnum and .357 Mag in a rifle length barrel I understand gain a whole lot over a pistol. 9mm, .40, and .45 do not. Unfortunately, im looking for semi-automatic although I do like lever guns. If there existed an AR in .44 Magnum, Id be all over it. Or in a similar caliber just as common. They made a Ruger .44 Semi-auto carbine for awhile. But, sadly they only hold 3-4 rounds and theyre hard to find.

What do you mean Q Circle10 doesn't state their policies?

They don't say if they'll ship to Maryland.

I have a 9mm AR. At 100 yrds it drops a foot. Good if you want to practice long distance shooting but you dont have a 600-1000yrd range.

How does it compare to .22 LR ballistics trajectory-wise?

I have the CX4 Storm and the Sub2000. They are plenty durable. Not trying to talk you out of the AR though.

Im sure they are. I just prefer metal over plastic, even though some metals like soft aluminum can be more fragile due to being brittle. Just seems a lot of the PCC's like CX4 and Sub 2K have pistol ergonomics. Im more familiar with rifles, so an AR in 9mm would be more familiar to me.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have a Taurus 9mm carbine for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Jim Smith

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Here's another vote for the CX4 Storm, but mine is in .45 acp with a red-dot on top. I love it...fast and fun to shoot. With a pure blowback operation, it's very reliable. And since I can reload .45 for about 6.00 a box, it's economical to shoot.

JoeR

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    FWIW I have a Hi-Point in 9mm. It is a fun little shooter out to about 50 yards. You can go out to maybe 75 with it but it is starting to get sketchy. Beyond 75 it starts to become more trouble than it is worth. It really runs out of gas. I suppose I could put an optic on it and dial in a ton of drop but honestly I never really saw the point of doing it. The thing slots in between a 22 and my AKs. You get the centerfire bang for when you get bored of shooting a 22, but it is just a short range plinker. If you are worried about maximum range, velocity and so on - you may not have the right mindset for a PCC. The use of a pistol cartridge just really degrades the punch and reach. If you cannot have fun at about 50 yards - a PCC may not be the best choice for you. I think mine is a cheap fun little gun, but it has real limitations.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    I have an unfired 9mm Just Right Carbine for sale in the classifieds if you're interested.

I remain intrigued with PCC on the basis of magazine compatibility with the handgun I am running. Been through the Ruger PC9/P95, Kel-Tec S2K/SIG P229, and Beretta CX4/92FS combinations, but all seemed to fall short for one reason or another.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hmm, seems to me a perfect place to bring back the .44 Auto Mag Pistol (.44 AMP) round.

Designed for semi auto use, but .44 bullet at .44 Mag velocities.

Used cut down .308/7.62 brass, trimmed to 1.300"

asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    Hmm, seems to me a perfect place to bring back the .44 Auto Mag Pistol (.44 AMP) round.

Yepp. Probably not popular in a semi-auto pistol due to recoil. But, in a rifle probably different story. I wish there was a common big bore caliber in the semi-auto AR platform.

Im trying to get an idea how a 9mm Pistol Caliber Carbine compares to .22 LR. Distance wise. Not for killing, but punching paper or hitting targets.

Thanks-

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yepp. Probably not popular in a semi-auto pistol due to recoil. But, in a rifle probably different story. I wish there was a common big bore caliber in the semi-auto AR platform.

Im trying to get an idea how a 9mm Pistol Caliber Carbine compares to .22 LR. Distance wise. Not for killing, but punching paper or hitting targets.

Thanks-

Personally, I think the 22LR is going to be good for at least 100 yards. My 9mm isn't all that great past 50 yards and for accuracy, I'd drop that back to 30 yards.

YMMV,
    Jim Smith

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia

Thanks-
    Well for 9mm there is little velocity gain once the barrel is past 8". Fed 115g HP goes to about 1250 FPS at 8" and hardly gets past 1300 FPS even at 18". .22LR is very similar as velocity does not go up that much past about 10" in barrel length. However a 9mm bullet being bigger might not buck the wind as well out past 50 yards. But with .22 you can pull the trigger faster with better accuracy in most cases. People used to use pistol caliber carbines in some events sidematches but nowadays about 99% are using the .22LR because they can be shot a lot faster.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    If you are worried about maximum range, velocity and so on - you may not have the right mindset for a PCC. The use of a pistol cartridge just really degrades the punch and reach. If you cannot have fun at about 50 yards - a PCC may not be the best choice for you. I think mine is a cheap fun little gun, but it has real limitations.

I have the 9mm AR as it allows me to practice off-hand shots at a 25yrd indoor range. Mainly a training tool.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I have the 9mm AR as it allows me to practice off-hand shots at a 25yrd indoor range. Mainly a training tool.

I was using mine for the same purpose. It's also good for the ladies to shoot as there is zero recoil and the muzzle doesn't really jump.

BTW - The MSP are now treating 9mm lowers as regulated. :tdown:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I was using mine for the same purpose. It's also good for the ladies to shoot as there is zero recoil and the muzzle doesn't really jump.

Any details on this? I have thought all along that 9mm was regulated because Colt made 9mm ARs.

Does this include dedicated lowers or just lowers with mag blocks?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

When did this start? Are you sure it's not just the lowers with the magwell kit? How can a CMMG lower be regulated. They cannot take a regular 5.56 mag. This is crazy, they can't follow their own rules.

Jim Smith

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland

Same performance as 44 Magnum in a carbine...add 25 to 50 effective yards in range. Brings one back to the same cross road ...if you need the longer effective reach a rifle cartridge would most likely better serve the purpose.

"Yepp. Probably not popular in a semi-auto pistol due to recoil. But, in a rifle probably different story. "

Gas operation helped tame the recoil.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Any details on this? I have thought all along that 9mm was regulated because Colt made 9mm ARs.

Does this include dedicated lowers or just lowers with mag blocks?

And wondering how this affects those of us who already own one. Mine id a Colt with a pinned mag block. I was ready to get a CCMG just because I thought there could be no gray area.:town: This state sucks more everyday and I don't see it getting better under Hogan. This being a case in point

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom