• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Reminding people of the rules isn't a bad thing we all need to be reminded from time to time.
    however I personally would not tolerate the hollering racist remarks, along with insults, If i was there he would have been very politely :D be asked to remove him self from the range

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Ol' Jake was really acting up today. He's a regular. If you violate a rule on the range, he will approach you and holler at you that you are in violation. He doesn't know the meaning of the word diplomacy. Today, he was also hollering racist remarks, along with insults. I don't think this behavior will continue (at least I hope not). People will start complaining to the the officials.

Reminding people of the rules isn't a bad thing we all need to be reminded from time to time.
    however I personally would not tolerate the hollering racist remarks, along with insults, If i was there he would have been very politely :D be asked to remove him self from the range

i have to agree.. acting an RSO should be done correctly. You yelling and using racist remarks not going to be a good outcome. diplomacy is the key. Talk to them nicely and you be surprised how many will oblige. Be an asshat you will get the same. :innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    They need to build a wood-shed at MG, so some people can be taken behind it and shown some manners. :innocent0

Got a description of this guy?, I'd like to know what to expect if I see him down there...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    :lol: :lol2:

EXACTLY!!!!

They were there long before I started shooting there, so I'm not going to claim credit for them... :D

kcd

quickdraw
    Jul 21, 2007
    Fort Washington
    Got a description of this guy? said:
    He's an old guy in his mid-seventies and usually has the first bench as you walk into the range. He shoots sub-moa typically with his stainless fluted barrel Savage rifle that he likes. He may be an ex-Marine (I say this because I saw a couple of US Marine Officers in uniform talking to him as he sat on his favorite shooting bench a couple of weeks ago -- which I thought was very unusual).

kcd

quickdraw
    Jul 21, 2007
    Fort Washington
    I should mention that Al was also there yesterday. Surprisingly, he wasn't shooting a 22 but a VZ 52 rifle in 7.62. The gun looked like a Keltec Sub 2000 but it was a bubbarized VZ 52. He said he's had it for about 30 yrs. He had me look inside the action, saying that it looked like a 22 action. And sure enough, the firing pin was coming off the side like a rim fire. It just goes to show you, you can't keep a guy like Al from a 22, even with a rifle that shoots a 7.62:lol:

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I want to thank the nice gentleman who was there today for letting me scratch one of my bucket list. He let me fire his barrett 50 cal he had there. Also I dont know who he was but thank you to the gentleman who showed up and was the unofficial official rso for the day. It was nice talking to you and we need more of that there.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I want to thank the nice gentleman who was there today for letting me scratch one of my bucket list. He let me fire his barrett 50 cal he had there. Also I dont know who he was but thank you to the gentleman who showed up and was the unofficial official rso for the day. It was nice talking to you and we need more of that there.

neither are on here.. (i think i know who they are). ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom