• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    A few tables open, got there at 0945. Did what I needed to and got out of there. HOT, HOT, HOT. Need an umbrella!

Very happy with the Colt and the new LMT upper.

You dont have tactical umbrella? Come on! Lol

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You dont have tactical umbrella? Come on! Lol

Give him time.

I still don't have one myself, once I'm sitting in 'ball-soup' or start getting swamp ass - I take that as my cue to get the hell out of there. ;)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Give him time.

I still don't have one myself, once I'm sitting in 'ball-soup' or start getting swamp ass - I take that as my cue to get the hell out of there. ;)

yeah.. it was rediculous hot sunday.. was sweating within 5 minutes under the sun.. have to keep taking break and hide in the shade..

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    A few tables open, got there at 0945. Did what I needed to and got out of there. HOT, HOT, HOT. Need an umbrella!

Very happy with the Colt and the new LMT upper.

I am working on getting a beach umbrella, some PVC pipe, C clamp, and some band style pipe clamps.

If anyone have some of the stuff I need I will be willing to take donations :D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I am working on getting a beach umbrella, some PVC pipe, C clamp, and some band style pipe clamps.

If anyone have some of the stuff I need I will be willing to take donations :D

plain c clamps works fine seen few does it that way.. lol

i have cheap heavy stand which i can move around where the sun is... only problem is hauling up and down the hill.. i need a cart like epps have. it has builtin umbrella holder..

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Past couple of days, I've been plenty content to just drop a mag in the backyard and call it a day after, it's getting warm enough to where I don't want to be out there for too long - a/c stopped working in my beater car, still got work to do on the truck, so no long days at the range for me.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I have a white range towel that I throw over top of my ARs while changing targets or a break in the action.

ARs really soak up the sun until they're blisteringly hot.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    2 years ago I was out there in the middle of summer with the AR, even after a 45 minute drive home it was still plenty warm to the touch, but on the plus side, it did make cleaning a bit easier - guess all that heat loosened up what little carbon there was.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Shocked that two weeks in a row I went on a Saturday afternoon and there were empty tables all evening. I'm thinking that Ocean City theory might have some teeth....

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The range is always packed during the week, the best time to go is during the weekends.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The range is always packed during the week, the best time to go is during the weekends.

:lol: :lol2:

That's just wrong..., but seeing as how I plan a trip tomorrow - yes, everyone should go on the weekends, do not go tomorrow... :innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    As long as your not past Adam's, that can be arranged. :D

I'll wear a black balaclava - you can just tell the wife you were abducted... :lol2:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    As long as your not past Adam's, that can be arranged. :D

I'll wear a black balaclava - you can just tell the wife you were abducted... :lol2:

LOL

im off tomorrow.. if i get my things done in the AM may show up.. but then again heard going to be nasty weather in the afternoon. :mad54:

kcd

quickdraw
    Jul 21, 2007
    Fort Washington
    Ol' Jake was really acting up today. He's a regular. If you violate a rule on the range, he will approach you and holler at you that you are in violation. He doesn't know the meaning of the word diplomacy. Today, he was also hollering racist remarks, along with insults. I don't think this behavior will continue (at least I hope not). People will start complaining to the the officials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom