• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So, I finally have some brass and dies for my single stage reloading press. Bullets I can get online, but I apparently need small pistol primers and powder of some sort.

I live in Rockville and work in Greenbelt. Who sells powder and primers in those areas, or in nearby environs (possibly between those two places)? Not looking to drive an hour away if I can help it.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    not looking to drive an hour away if I can help it.

If you change your mind on that, the Samuel Mudd house is worth a tour and not to far from Maryland Reloader R near Waldorf. Bob, does not have regular business hours so call first. http://www.marylandreloadr.com/

Might as well hit the Surratt house on your way home. (still on my list of things to see)

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    If you change your mind on that, the Samuel Mudd house is worth a tour and not to far from Maryland Reloader R near Waldorf. Bob, does not have regular business hours so call first. http://www.marylandreloadr.com/

Might as well hit the Surratt house on your way home. (still on my list of things to see)

+1 on that, Bob at MD Reloader is your best bet. I live in Potomac and he is the only guy I can get powder from reliably. Occasionally, Bass Pro will have powder and primers but it is very spotty.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    If you're interested in one of the powders that can be used for pistol or shotgun then try PG Skeet and Trap in Greenbelt. I know they carry shotgun primers but I don't think they carry pistol primers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Try United Guns Shop in Rockville. They carry some stuff if you catch'm right.

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    Get enough to hold you over at Atlantic in Silver Spring then hit the Chantilly show hard in a few weeks!

+1. I've had a lot of success buying reloading supplies at the Chantilly shows. The savings of the hazmat fees pays for the show entrance fee plus gun shows are just fun to go to.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    How much you usually end up paying for powder at Chantilly or local shops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Order your powder and primers online too. You will most likely incur a hazmat fee in the shipping charges but get together with some friends and place a large order and split the shipping fees.

Powdervelleyinc.com

Widiners.com

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I think I'm going to see what I can find at Chantilly first. If I get further into this reloading thing, I'll start evaluating bulk powder and primer purchases...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom