• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Then they must not like to update their website. This looks like the closest thing they have posted to what you're describing, but it has what looks like an M-14 mag in it.

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.as...ategory=4052a69e-f815-4c59-a4dd-6466fd4c4ab8#

I may have used the wrong description but they make it. Its the ones shown with pmags in them. The standard AR10 pattern mag is steel.

All of these take .308 Plans which are DPMS/SR25 pattern mags.
    http://www.armalite.com/Categories.aspx?Category=a1bbbf86-b2ed-495f-be70-47ca6b86de76

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Then they must not like to update their website. This looks like the closest thing they have posted to what you're describing, but it has what looks like an M-14 mag in it.

The AR-10 mags are similar to, but not compatible with, the M1A. Armalite earned some hate from M1A owners when they were mass-converting M1A pre-ban mags to the AR-10 spec during the federal AWB. It used to be US GI M1A mags were stupid cheap, but Armalite put an end to that.

It would be interesting to see someone do a PTR-91 build that used SR-25 mags, much like we've seen HK93 builds that used AR mags.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I'm looking into the scar 17.

Is it really worth the cost?

I'm trying to decide between getting a suppressed MPX or a scar17. Not really in the same category, but it's just for the fun factor.

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    I can sell you a black 17 with a .308 Trijicon TA11 with a green Chevron.

About 500 rds through.

If intrested, PM me.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Wow that's a tough decision. There both great guns !!! I will say out of all of the .308 rifles I own the scar is my favorite. Galil comes in 2nd. And I love the MPX. I just ordered the MPX carbine. To me they are close in quality of the HK 94s.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Hk mp5 sd. Registered trigger pack. I still want an mpx

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
      image (1).jpg
      72.2 KB · Views: 191

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Hk mp5 sd. Registered trigger pack. I still want an mpx

I don't see the happy notch on the lower lol. Must be in the safe. Like I said love my MPX. Saw a MPX K version that someone came up with. It looks sweet :-) I saw a video of a guy with a tac con trigger assy in 1. Ran very nice !

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    SCAR17S is a good choice. I got mine for well under MSRP so It was worth it. If north of 3k maybe not unless you really just have to have it. But for >mid 2k probably worth it when you add up all the standard features it has.

Trigger is heavy and not too smooth. At least 500 rnds in.

All in all though its solid feeling for a plastic frame, etc. But baby the folding stock catch.

The FDE ones are more accurate. (Not sure if anyone covered that yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom