• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    We will be doing a Personal Protection Outside the home course on December 13th and 14th from 8am-approx. 4pm each day. The cost of the course is 275.00 and includes coffee and bagels each morning.

We hire a lawyer for the day of classroom time so that you get to speak to someone who is giving legal advice and has the knowledge of Marylands legal system. This is not some instructor standing up front reading from a book and thinking they know the law. We also have an expert on concealed carry with 15 years experience who will be there to share his knowledge. Most of our instructors are also concealed carry permit holders and they will share their experience as well.

You will learn how to exercise mature judgement and try to avoid the confrontations and having to use your firearm, should you have to you will learn when you can and how much you can so as to avoid prosecution.

Unlike many classes we will be doing range exercises all day on day 2, you will learn to move and shoot as well as advancing on target and behind cover. Our range is not a stand behind a barricade and shoot style range, it is an active move and shoot range where targets will be engaged from different distances.

This is an awesome class and great training even for those that do not have or are not getting a permit to carry.

At the conclusion of the class we will also cover the Maryland requirements for the wear and carry permit.

If you are interested just shoot me a PM and I will send you info on where to sign up and where to send your deposit. This class is limited in the number of students and usually fills up so please act quickly. Registration is open until Dec. 6th.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I can't recommend this course with Terry enough. I took it the last time her offered it and not only did it qualify me for my ccw and hql, but it went far, far beyond the requirements. This course is more like an actual training course and an advanced course at that. If I were available, I would honestly take the course again. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Damn it! I'd be all over this but I have to work that Sunday.

sounds to me like someone had some bad leftover turkey and needs to stay near the commode for a couple of days *hint*.

Great class, lots of good info. as for the continental breakfast, eh, half a pound of bacon, toasted onion bagels some crisp hash browns, now thats a class i couldn't miss!

:thumbsup: trudge on Terry.

rdblan2

Mar 10, 2007
    sounds to me like someone had some bad leftover turkey and needs to stay near the commode for a couple of days *hint*.

Great class, lots of good info. as for the continental breakfast, eh, half a pound of bacon, toasted onion bagels some crisp hash browns, now thats a class i couldn't miss!

:thumbsup: trudge on Terry.

LOL this is a good idea but the following Monday is my last day of work for the year. I think they'd catch on! :lol2:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Had another great class with a bunch of excellent students!!! I hope you all took a bunch of good stuff home with you and that you had as much fun as I did.

Thanks to the MDS members that attended. We changed it up a bit and it was cold enough to take you out of your comfort zone. We also added some great real world scenarios with some props when the NRA portion of the class was over.

Again, thank you and I look forward to seeing you back in the spring for our special day of training.

manx

Aug 29, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    Ok, I'm coming out of lurking mode to comment.

This is my third class I've taken with Terry. I have previously taken PPOTH class of his, but that was a few years ago, the class is now twice as long, and I wanted to learn more about concealment in winter setting.

I keep coming back to Terry because I feel he creates a great atmosphere for learning, conducts his classes in an extremely safe manner, and I have full confidence in the teaching staff. While shooting, we had a great ratio of 3 or 4 students in a line overseen by 5 instructors.

In addition to the NRA curriculum, I found the legal Q&A extremely valuable and well worth the money to hear the opinion of a lawyer who specializes in MD 2A matters. I also thoroughly enjoyed the move-to-cover-and-fire-under-stress drill. A great learning experience!

Thanks again Terry. The course gave me lots of ideas on what to practice at home.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Thank you manx and I appreciate the comments very much. I'm glad you keep entrusting me for your training needs as well, hope to see you at the special spring class.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    The Spring Fling.

or spring carry fling?

You missed a really cool last couple of hours, after we finished the NRA course of fire we went on to some real world scenarios and they were very cool. Hope your better for the spring event brother, will not be the same if your not there with us and it is all free form, if you can think it and it sounds real world and cool, it is gonna happen.

Want me to let you know when we do the instructor planning thing so you can come down and give some input to some scenarios?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    or spring carry fling?

You missed a really cool last couple of hours, after we finished the NRA course of fire we went on to some real world scenarios and they were very cool. Hope your better for the spring event brother, will not be the same if your not there with us and it is all free form, if you can think it and it sounds real world and cool, it is gonna happen.

Want me to let you know when we do the instructor planning thing so you can come down and give some input to some scenarios?

Yes indeedy.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    When will this class be offered again? What's the round count for the second day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom