Good SKS Stripper Clips are hard to find.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If you have purchased SKS Stripper Clips recently you should test them. Most of the ones on the market now are complete junk. I used to have a ton of them I bought for 5 cents each and I gave them all away years ago. I never knew they would get so hard to find good clips.

So with my recent SKS salvage, I bought some from various sources on the Internet and they were all problematic. Some wouldn't fit into the bolt slot, some lost rounds when moved, and some didn't allow the rounds to be fed into the rifle. Out of several hundred none would work. These junk Chinese commercial stripper clips are sold by several retailers and surplus outfits, and some are marked with a 31 stamped on them. They are still junk.

My frustration led me to ebay. I found some fellas selling CZECH made 7.62X39 Stripper Clips for the vz-58, vz58, and the VZ2008. They are often called BXN63 marked AK Stripper Clips.

They cost about a buck a Clip just like the junky commercial ones, but the CZECH ones work like butter. Rounds stay in the clips, they easily fit into the bolt slot, and they feed smooth.

I do have a few YUGO Stripper Clips too but they are a little harder to find.

So if you have an SKS or 2, and don't use aftermarket mags (You can't in any SKS purchased after 10/2013 in MD anyway), and want to locate some great clips while you can, you should do so. If they don't have the BXN62 markings then they are probably some Chinese junk commercial ones.

Happy Hunting.

Yes I'll post up the SKS picture soon. I'm glass bedding it now so no pics at the moment.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Thanks for the tip.

I have tried to cull through mine, but still find some that will let go of cartridges in the ammo cans.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I was actually considering the sale of my SKS because of the issues finding some good stripper clips, now I may acquire a second one. I think they make good low budget trunk/truck guns.

I like the rifle box mag as designed, I don't care for detachable duckbill SKS mags at all and since this is a post 10/2013 SKS its not an option anyway.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    eBay is gold. Everything I want that's hard to find I always find there, whether antique/vintage housegoods, gun parts, to who knows what. Plus I'm really digging how so many eBay sellers have free shipping now. I used to buy a lot from Amazon. Now it's almost all from eBay.

About a year ago, I needed a Krag bolt. I patiently watched eBay until somebody listed NOS Krag bolts for sale, still in original wrapping, for way less money than typical gun parts retailers.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Many of these clips looked to be parked or phosphated causing a lot of drag.

For the ones that don't feed well, put a little Tetra on a tooth brush and scrub the area where the face and sides of the case touch the clip.

Then put a cartridge in and run it up and down the entire clip to smooth out that area.

No need to remove the Tetra when done.

Cases will slide like butter.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No suggestions on a seller. These clips dont need any tweaking or lube. They have a wax on them and it does not effect function whether you leave it on or strip it off!

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    I bought mine from Desert Fox Sales.

I believe they were 20 or 40 cents per clip. Shipping was a bear I believe 9 dollars flat, but they were surplus, not the garbage you see on Amazon. Just order enough to offset shipping.

Good luck.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    So, I should treasure the ones I got many years ago when I bought my first 'pre-ban' weapon, eh? The ammo they came in is probably corrosive as all getout, but.. the clips work well.. :party29:

Thanks for the heads up Chad :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom