US Border Patrol deadlining rifles at a rate that is detrimental to officer safety

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    Excellent article. Forgive me, but I couldnt help but laugh when reading Pat Rogers' words. I couldn't help but hear them in his accent completev with the whistle...

Feb 28, 2013
    "150 rounds of ammo per agent per quarter for practice"?:wtf:

I want border patrol agents that can shoot, which requires more ammo than that if you ask me.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Hey, they mentioned my favorite lubricant- T25b

Just for the record, Mil-comm T25 grease is INCREDIBLE. I just posted on another thread about it coincidentally. They use it on the gatling guns and M-2s on Naval vessels out at sea. It conditions the metal, and it works SO WELL. They actually formulate the fluoro compounds to be spherical via interaction with oleic compounds, meaning that instead of big chunks of teflon as large as 2 micrometers and irregularly shaped, the mean teflon subunit is completely spherical and on the order of sub 1 micron! It plugs and conditions metal pores, and stays where you put it, and resists corrosion better than anything except for 2 things: Milcomm T2500 oil, and EEZOX.

Point is, heat the metal and rub some on the wear areas of your rifle, you'll shit a brick.

Not as big a fan of slip-2000

Feb 28, 2013
    ^Um, didn't our government destroy billions of dollars worth of 5.56 ammo last year?

I know they bought a whole damn crapload of it, which included enough for the Dept. of Education to be issued more than what the border patrol apparently gets.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011

They actually formulate the fluoro compounds to be spherical via interaction with oleic compounds, meaning that instead of big chunks of teflon as large as 2 micrometers and irregularly shaped, the mean teflon subunit is completely spherical and on the order of sub 1 micron! It plugs and conditions metal pores, and stays where you put it, and resists corrosion better than anything except for 2 things: Milcomm T2500 oil, and

Huh?!?!?
    edit: re-read, Still Kinda Confused -can I buy it commercial?

Edit: quote edited.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

Just for the record, Mil-comm T25 grease is INCREDIBLE. I just posted on another thread about it coincidentally. They use it on the gatling guns and M-2s on Naval vessels out at sea. It conditions the metal, and it works SO WELL. They actually formulate the fluoro compounds to be spherical via interaction with oleic compounds, meaning that instead of big chunks of teflon as large as 2 micrometers and irregularly shaped, the mean teflon subunit is completely spherical and on the order of sub 1 micron! It plugs and conditions metal pores, and stays where you put it, and resists corrosion better than anything except for 2 things: Milcomm T2500 oil, and EEZOX.

Point is, heat the metal and rub some on the wear areas of your rifle, you'll shit a brick.

Not as big a fan of slip-2000

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TW-25B
    GREAT lube!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04