• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Looks like they're opening up a new Gander Mountain store next to Potomac Mills Mall. We'll see how that works out.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I'll have to check it out. Word is that it's supposed to have quite a large firearms section. We'll see indeed.

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    I'll probably do the same as I usually do at the other Gander Mountains. Walk in, see prices that are way too high, walk out in disgust. At least I will have saved some time compared to driving to Fredericksburg and back.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I'll probably do the same as I usually do at the other Gander Mountains. Walk in, see prices that are way too high, walk out in disgust. At least I will have saved some time compared to driving to Fredericksburg and back.

Quantico Tactical is right around the corner from the new location, so at least you can stop by there when you walk out.

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    Yep. I certainly like Quantico Tactical. I have a feeling they'll sell a bit more ammo as a result of people like me walking out of Gander Mountain and looking next door.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Don't know how they stay in business, much less open new stores. I have been in one, up in York, PA, and will never go back.

Glock 19s for over $700, black Sig P220s for $1,300. Does anyone actually buy at these prices? :confused:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I just heard GM has opened a store in Charlottesville, so now I'm between that one and Fredericksburg and have one 40 minutes away in two directions.

My reaction is to use the 40 minutes to run to Greentop near Richmond, but I get powder/primers from the auto repair shop here in town..

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I thought GM was getting out of the reloading supply business. Not that it matters much to me, I'm just glad there's another outdoor store in my area. If I want reasonably priced firearms stuff, I have three good local gun shops I can go to.

Dr Dano HPR

Mar 4, 2013
    Towson
    Went to the one in Charlottesville at end of August. Found some nice shirts on half price clearance racks and decent sale on a pair of shoes. They had a lot of ammo on the floor but very expensive. Their regular prices seemed high. Would go for sales but guns and ammo are much cheaper elsewhere.

DrCatt

A Knight Without Armor
    Mar 11, 2013
    Carroll County
    This'll be a nice addition to the area. I've found Gander's prices to be gun-store average but with a large selection. Ammo is usually available with "average" prices too. I've asked if they have .22 in the back and sometimes they've brought out a value pack or two for me

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I thought GM was getting out of the reloading supply business. Not that it matters much to me, I'm just glad there's another outdoor store in my area. If I want reasonably priced firearms stuff, I have three good local gun shops I can go to.

When I was in PA, I visited 3 stores near Pittsburgh and that's what they said. When I went this summer to the one in Harrisburg? they had zilch Reloading stuff. Nothing special about the Ammo prices.

All the GMs i've been to in the past 12 months, the last being Salisbury MD looked like they were so vacant that I could not understand how they stay in business.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    When I was in PA, I visited 3 stores near Pittsburgh and that's what they said. When I went this summer to the one in Harrisburg? they had zilch Reloading stuff. Nothing special about the Ammo prices.

All the GMs i've been to in the past 12 months, the last being Salisbury MD looked like they were so vacant that I could not understand how they stay in business.

There have been rumors that Salisbury GM will close if BP opens nearby, i.e OC/Berlin.

Feb 28, 2013

There's also one in Fredericksburg?

Kinda strange to have 'em so close together.

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    Stopped in at GM last Friday

On my way to a hunting trip, I stopped in at the new GM in Woodbridge. Shelves were loaded with everything. Prices were not that great, but was after a couple of BX25s, and picked up a 300 box of Troy Landry's CCI:

Attachments

• IMG_7419.jpg
      IMG_7419.jpg
      51.4 KB · Views: 150

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads