• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Like my title says I am looking for a source for small bottles, 3 to 6 oz or so in size to carry some oil with me in my range bag. Just wanted to see what everyone else was using and what not to use :)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I save the little bottles from my chainsaw oil. Another option is buying a bottle of Hopps or Remington oil and refilling it. The Hopps bottles have a nice dispenser tip.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Walmart and target sell small plastic bottles in the section with the travel size things. I'd put them in a Ziploc bag also, I wouldn't 100% trust the lids!

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    If you vape or know a vaper. (E-cig) they use small bottles with a perfectly sized tip. All my AR oil is labeled Unicorn Blood.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I use plastic vials (the kind you see in labs) with threaded caps. I think they are Corning brand and have orange caps. They have ring around the base so they can stand up on their own (as opposed to the ones with a cone base).

I eat pills three times a day..........large quantities. The VA sends them in neat plastic bottles in a variety of shapes and sizes. I relabel them with 'peal and stick' labels, gun parts, oil, cleaning brushes, etc. My work bench looks kind of like a pharmacy, chuckle. During the stink bug raids, I bottle them in their small cells until they're somewhat crowded and then toss them in the trash. Maybe some archaeologist will find them in a few thousand years and wonder why the hell some primitive idiot would collect stink bugs, hah!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    WM has small screw top bottles in travel and camping area and Midway sells flip spout bottles. Still, put them in a baggie to be safe.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    i use the little glass single serve syrup bottles served with pancakes or french toast at Cracker Barrel. just be sure to peel the label off at home so no one else confuses the oil with syrup.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I eat pills three times a day..........large quantities. The VA sends them in neat plastic bottles in a variety of shapes and sizes. I relabel them with 'peal and stick' labels, gun parts, oil, cleaning brushes, etc. My work bench looks kind of like a pharmacy, chuckle. During the stink bug raids, I bottle them in their small cells until they're somewhat crowded and then toss them in the trash. Maybe some archaeologist will find them in a few thousand years and wonder why the hell some primitive idiot would collect stink bugs, hah!
    I do the same thing, except for the stink bugs. :D

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    Which are great... as long as you dump the RemOil. :innocent0
    Interesting. When my son was deployed to iraq, with the 82nd airborne, he was in a weapons squad (M4, SAW, 240B). He had me send him six a month. He and his guys preferred Rem Oil to the mil issue stuff for cleaning.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Interesting. When my son was deployed to iraq, with the 82nd airborne, he was in a weapons squad (M4, SAW, 240B). He had me send him six a month. He and his guys preferred Rem Oil to the mil issue stuff for cleaning.

It's not bad for cleaning... my problem is with it's lubrication properties. My experience is that RemOil runs dry MUCH faster than almost anything else I have used... the stuff seems to evaporate away when the gun gets real hot (as mine do when running suppressed)... to the point that the gun will be bone dry after a day at the range. And there is no comparison between the staying power of RemOil vs. synthetic motor oil.

Just my experience... take it for what it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom