.22LR, where is it AND WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I do know that 2 WM people on the Eastern Shore were fired for hiding and buying. They were not fired because a customer complained to HQ or Mgmt. Another employee in the dept reported them, they were immediately removed.

Lead is lead. It doesn't matter which ammo it's in.

There is more per round profitability in a larger round than in a smaller round, i.e. 22LR. Larger rounds are easier and faster to make.

When there is a glut of all other ammo I predict that there will be more of a focus on producing 22LR.

jneuberth29

Apr 7, 2013
    Eldersburg, Carroll County
    I do know that 2 WM people on the Eastern Shore were fired for hiding and buying. They were not fired because a customer complained to HQ or Mgmt. Another employee in the dept reported them, they were immediately removed.

Lead is lead. It doesn't matter which ammo it's in.

There is more per round profitability in a larger round than in a smaller round, i.e. 22LR. Larger rounds are easier and faster to make.

When there is a glut of all other ammo I predict that there will be more of a focus on producing 22LR.

wouldn't larger ammo be harder because of the primer's?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    For the last 3-4 months, between gunbot and gun shows, I've not had a problem finding.22LR ammo.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Me neither, but it's not like you can go into any WM/LGS and find it for a decent price, or in stock for that matter.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    exactly my point, is it in correlation with the smelters because .22 is rimfire? possibly made differently?

The closing of the smelter had nothing to do with ammunition supplies.

It was a primary smelter, smelting lead ore into lead metal. It was just the last one in the US . The same company has a number of smelters outside the US to pick up the slack.

The only real affect of closing that smelter was making the tree huggers feel good and losing more jobs to overseas.

noone

Jul 3, 2011
    Molly's place over here on the mid eastern shore has had a good supply of 22 ammo in it's a bit expensive tho for some of the good stuff tho. I bought 50rnds of cci plated LR and it was 10 bucks. I have seen 420 and 500rnds of cheap stuff going for 40 to 50 bucks

jneuberth29

Apr 7, 2013
    Why are you guys so happy with paying 9/10 cents a round? 3 months ago form Wal-Mart it was 3 cents a round and im pissed that I'm paying 4 cents a round. online is a rip off. i just got 3 boxes of 555 winchester hollow point 38 grain for $24 per box. anyone wanna pay me $40 a box take it, i'll keep buying them for $20. you guys can keep your online deals and gun show cost. Any gun show you go to, look for the guys in the parking lot and ask to see their walmart receipts, they are doubling and tripling their money. I haven't been to a gun show since i was 12, i have no interest in them now due to over price. Im a college student who is an independent, I can't afford any other prices except the ones i get from Wal-Mart, i even like bass pro and dicks. Judge me because im broke and pissed off.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Why are you guys so happy with paying 9/10 cents a round? 3 months ago form Wal-Mart it was 3 cents a round and im pissed that I'm paying 4 cents a round. online is a rip off. i just got 3 boxes of 555 winchester hollow point 38 grain for $24 per box. anyone wanna pay me $40 a box take it, i'll keep buying them for $20. you guys can keep your online deals and gun show cost. Any gun show you go to, look for the guys in the parking lot and ask to see their walmart receipts, they are doubling and tripling their money. I haven't been to a gun show since i was 12, i have no interest in them now due to over price. Im a college student who is an independent, I can't afford any other prices except the ones i get from Wal-Mart, i even like bass pro and dicks. Judge me because im broke and pissed off.

I think you're 100% right./ Problem is, most of use don;t work at Walmart and are never in the right place at the right time to find it. How many of those 555 boxes you got? I'll give you $30 a piece for em :D

wt71

Sep 5, 2013
    Carroll County

I agree with you.....Where did you get the 555 rd boxes because I check the Eldersburg WM 3 times a week in the mornings and I haven't seen it there for many many months!

jneuberth29

Apr 7, 2013
    WT71, remember the day we got the 10 inches of snow? it was that morning.
    I talk to employees of other stores, have friends of at other stores, walmarts, dicks, and bass pro. everyone says they get .22lr bricks in about once every 6-7 weeks.

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    I have not seen one single box of 22 ammo in any walmart that I been in for at least the last 8 months! Of course I don't go running around from walmart to walmart wasting my gas I just check for it when I am in one.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I have not seen one single box of 22 ammo in any walmart that I been in for at least the last 8 months! Of course I don't go running around from walmart to walmart wasting my gas I just check for it when I am in one.

Im with ya. I go to the walmart up the street Quarterfield at least 2-3 times a week. have not seen any .22, .17, or recently looking for 30-30 for Xcavator, no luck

babalooie21204

Aug 13, 2012
    Columbia
    wow @ that classified.... 10 boxes of 375 cci...and he must have gotten lucky with cabelas order on those m22's.... dang... im jealous... good for him

jneuberth29

Apr 7, 2013
    Hey, im not against selling, like i said, if anyone wants my 555 winchester be my guest, it does take time and gas to get to the store.

You guys wanna know my secret to getting Ammo at Wal-Mart in eldersburg?
    - I walk into work at 8am five days a week and poof. there it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom