• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    I am confused I thought 300 whisper was a different cartridge. Is there any value to these things without a can. That cmmg upper at aim is nice for the money.

There is a gain to the 300 cartridges. For a close quarter weapon you get rifle ballistics from a subgun size package. The supersonic rounds hit similar to a 30-30, perform very well in short barrels, have very managible recoil, more accurate then 7.62x39, and you have the ability to attach a suppressor and be extremely quiet with subsonics. On an AR platform you just pop your upper on and roll with it. You can use your existing BCG and mags reliably. My 300-221 SBR AR has become my favorite rifle for use inside 200 yards, and it is capable of more distance if need be. If you really want fun, try a short upper with a lightweight suppressor and subsonics on a F/A lower.

rsilvers

Dec 24, 2010
    Yes, you can shoot full power ammo with AK ballistics, but in your AR using normal 30 round magazines. You can deer hunt, and self-defense. It will be more clear when all of the types of ammo come out. Hornady has 110 V-MAX now, and Rem will have 125 AccuTip this summer. And Core-Lokt later. And UMC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom