• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I might be willing to sell mine. Haven't shot it much. Has all the fixins' - redlion front sight and muzzle comp, KT quad rail, and a bunch of other things. Several Glock mags as well.

Only problem is that with all of the accessories, I'd probably have to sell it for more than you could buy it new.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Looking for a 9mm myself, eithher Glock 17 or Sig P226 mag versions.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Wait. Watch. Search.

Eventually you will find one. the .40 is a lot easier to find than the 9mm versions.

I found mine my chance. Tim Hafer had one and I IM'ed him first. Very upstanding. He could have sold it to anyone, even the guy who ran into the store with cash.

Good luck with your search.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Oddly, this is one of the few platforms, where the .40 is probably a bit better than 9mm.

The longer barrel seems to really maximize the potential of the otherwise 'overstated' .40 round. If you have a .40 Glock pistol, seems like a no-brainer to me.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have been torn between this and the Hi Point Carbine for a while now. I finally decided on the Hi Point. I will still end up getting the Sub2K eventually.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I have been torn between this and the Hi Point Carbine for a while now. I finally decided on the Hi Point. I will still end up getting the Sub2K eventually.

Argggg.... I've read a lot of good and bad about Hi Point. Didn't they just recently come out with a 'compact' version?

A buddy of mine was desperate to get a handgun, and had very little money - didn't want to wait, so he bought a Hi Point. He had favorable comments about it during his break in period, but as soon as possible, he bought a Taurus pistol. I think he still CCW's the Taurus, and it is arguable better than the HP.

Since you decided to do it; I'll take your word for what's better.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Looking for a 9mm myself, eithher Glock 17 or Sig P226 mag versions.

I saw one a bit ago... Looks like this. :innocent0

mdskel.jpg

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Sticking with 9mm as that is the hand gun I am matching!

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Argggg.... I've read a lot of good and bad about Hi Point. Didn't they just recently come out with a 'compact' version?

A buddy of mine was desperate to get a handgun, and had very little money - didn't want to wait, so he bought a Hi Point. He had favorable comments about it during his break in period, but as soon as possible, he bought a Taurus pistol. I think he still CCW's the Taurus, and it is arguable better than the HP.

Since you decided to do it; I'll take your word for what's better.

I won't say that it's better. It is just the one I decided to go for first. It is kind of like arguing which is better, the Pinto or the Chevette. One of my Hooligan friends has all of the Hi Points and they are great shooters. That is what pushed me towards the Hi Point. I one bought a Hi Point pistol. I had to try a brand new, $169 handgun, with a lifetime warranty. It was a decent gun for the money. I sold it because the magazine release was in the wrong place for me. I would bring the handgun up too level and 9 times out of 10 I would drop the magazine. The guy I sold it to has no such trouble. He loves the gun.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I won't say that it's better. It is just the one I decided to go for first. It is kind of like arguing which is better, the Pinto or the Chevette. One of my Hooligan friends has all of the Hi Points and they are great shooters. That is what pushed me towards the Hi Point. I one bought a Hi Point pistol. I had to try a brand new, $169 handgun, with a lifetime warranty. It was a decent gun for the money. I sold it because the magazine release was in the wrong place for me. I would bring the handgun up too level and 9 times out of 10 I would drop the magazine. The guy I sold it to has no such trouble. He loves the gun.

I see a revolver in your future. :)

Kel-tec is way beyond Hi Point in design, quality and function. Yep, both have a lot of plastic, Kel-tec puts just enough of it in the right places.

In complete candor, I have never fired a Hi Point product; and I think I've now shot everything Kel-tec makes. I honestly would consider a Sub2K and a Glock 17 pairing as a legit SHTF combo.

Tito

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2013
    Baltimore County
    If anyone want to trade their .40 Sub2K for my 9mm Sub2k, send me a PM. I also have a Hi Point 9mm.

OP- keep your head on a swivel because they are out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom