• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It sounds like the MSP doesn't have a dedicated mail room. I don't know how an organization that large does not have one. Maybe with all this mail USPS will ask them to implement one. You guys are right though, if all that happens is it gets left at the PO and no more record of tracking or signature, it's kinda a waste of time and money

IIRC Express Mail is supposed to provide a signature as part of the service. Priority mail is delivery confirmation to the recipient PO unless you pay extra

Maybe we'll get sig info tomorrow

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I think if you didnt have delivery confirmation, it would take the same time to get there.

Nah, it was on the truck for delivery at 10AM, which means it would have been left there under normal circumstances.

I'm not too concerned just yet. Probably over thinking the whole thing.:rolleyes:

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    Downloaded application 3/6
    Fingerprinted at Fred Co Sheriff 3/14
    App mailed USPS Priority Mail 3/14 (evening)
    USPS Notice left for delivery 3/15, 9:38AM
    Delivered 3/15, 10:30AM

Cyeck cashed 3/21 #81303 written on tye check

Last edited:

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    one thing about it if we all get denied, how are they gonna pad these numbers.

That's a substantial part of why I "pulled the trigger" on applying. I gave my cash to MSI and SAF so I wouldn't feel guilty, but I gave some money to the state just so they couldn't piss down my back by saying that 95% of applicants get a carry permit. :mad54:

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    That's a substantial part of why I "pulled the trigger" on applying. I gave my cash to MSI and SAF so I wouldn't feel guilty, but I gave some money to the state just so they couldn't piss down my back by saying that 95% of applicants get a carry permit. :mad54:

That pretty much sums it up for me.
    Chances of getting a permit went from absolute 0, to 1/100000 in less that 24hrs last week. I want to be part of the movement that will make it happen.

JJM82

Sep 20, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Little note here guys. I'm starting to think all this fancy Delivery Confirmation and exotic mail delivery options are screwing us.

Mine was mailed yesterday, updated this morning that it was "out for delivery", but now says Notice Left.

It would have simply been left in the box (scanned by the mail person), now it looks like they just left a card, which, won't be seen till tomorrow at 10AM. This (I think) means my package wont' actually be in their hands until the 16th. Assuming I had sent it First Class or just regular Priority (without the extra delivery confirmation), it would be delivered by now.

Something to think about.

I sent mine out last friday morning and the lady at the PO said it would probably be there the next day. I tracked it later that saturday and it said a notice was left. I tracked again later monday afternoon and it said it was delivered. Tuesday I got the green confirmation card back in the mail. Just wait a day and check it again.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Did check for the correct amount ($75); sent out this morning overnight. Crossing fingers like everyone else......:-). I have seen nothting that would indicate the Livescan prints are only valid for 72 hours, so rolling forward. Thanks for this thread.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I sent out all 13 pages of my application, with 2 of them notarized, livescan fingerprint receipt, 2 -1 1/2X1 1/2 photos, and $75 money order today at 10:30 A.M. I was told they would be there by Noon tomorrow. I don't think I will be approved but I am down for the struggle. I am willing to take one for the team.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Vendicator said:
    It is the initial active duty report, stating completion of basic training. My situation is weird. I completed basic training, had some complications and never shipped to AIT in time. (Only have 2 years from enlistment to complete initial training or you get booted). So i got a general discharge. All of my forms I can access online, however I do not have a copy of my discharge papers. I am not even sure where the hell I can get them.

The way I see it, the FBI background check would show that I was not dishonorably discharged and that I truthfully answered the question and provided proof.

Hell, I couldn't even have the job I have if I was dishonorable discharged - the security agent wouldn't be too happy

You can get a copy of your DD-214 from VA. It might take some time. Once you get it, stow with your most important documents.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Yes, I received the letter today. Given the situation, I figured the state would move much, much more slowly.

Does MSP actually process the background, or is that a "service"? With the LiveScan processing it's all submitted electronically, so transfer time is eliminated. And, depending on the automation levels involved, I don't really find it surprising for something to come back this fast.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Yes, I received the letter today. Given the situation, I figured the state would move much, much more slowly.

But I thought you had to make a special request for a copy of the report.
    Did you or did marylandfingerprinting do this for you?

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    I have gotten the same letter from CJIS the last couple times I have been printed one was private and one government, but both here in Maryland. I just assumed it was proof that they were processed. I will be interisting to see if I receive one this time.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom