• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I don't live in CC but I have talked to Chris Fiora many times and he is a true 2A friend. He also doesn't really like the MSP so I don't think he will pay much attention to what they say one way or the other. He has an elected position, they do not. That may be another reason the current sheriff is a little grouchy. He may not be in office much longer!!

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    So it comes down to Dewees and Fiora.

The main argument on a STRICTLY 2A front is this.

Dewees will supposedly comply with whatever MSP says.
    Fiora (in the same vein) will supposedly follow whatever the Fed government says.

Now that the speculation has ended let's look at the facts of the matter.

Dewees has stated on record that he WILL enforce the laws as written by MSP.
    Fiora has stated on record, that he would NOT comply with anything that goes against the Constitution of the United States.

On a strictly 2A level, Dewees is a fudd, an MSP boot licker, and a puppet. He can't compete with Fiora.

I've got a text in to Fiora right now so I can post his creds but he was a best cop in Alexandria, VA.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    So it comes down to Dewees and Fiora.

The main argument on a STRICTLY 2A front is this.

Dewees will supposedly comply with whatever MSP says.
    Fiora (in the same vein) will supposedly follow whatever the Fed government says.

Now that the speculation has ended let's look at the facts of the matter.

Dewees has stated on record that he WILL enforce the laws as written by MSP.
    Fiora has stated on record, that he would NOT comply with anything that goes against the Constitution of the United States.

On a strictly 2A level, Dewees is a fudd, an MSP boot licker, and a puppet. He can't compete with Fiora.

I've got a text in to Fiora right now so I can post his creds but he was a best cop in Alexandria, VA.

Nice summary brother! Although, I would replace MSP with Annapolis. Same result though.

Praeger

Apr 7, 2014
    Howard County
    Doesn't apply here. He would be interacting with the state every day, hence the need to have a sheriff from out of the jurisdiction. Plus he doesn't have to have been a local street cop. The sheriff is an administrative position.

I'm not weighing in either way, but in Carroll County, the Sheriff's Department is the primary provider of police services to all but the incorporated cities and towns that have their own police departments. Even there, the Sheriff's Office has concurrent jurisdiction. The position of Sheriff is most definitely an operational position with a great deal of influence over the nature and structure of primary law enforcement services within the county.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Doesn't apply here. He would be interacting with the state every day, hence the need to have a sheriff from out of the jurisdiction. Plus he doesn't have to have been a local street cop. The sheriff is an administrative position.

I think it does apply here. Having a sheriff that has been a real officer on the street means a lot to the deputy's cuz to them he will know what they do and what they deal with on a daily basis.

Who ever wins the election as sheriff, THEY STILL ARE AN OFFICER/DEPUTY! To lead these men and women, the sheriff needs to Set & Lead by Example. I would EXPECT my county sheriff to assist on a call from time to time, back his deputy on a traffic stop every now and then, and let the Officer/Deputy know he is there for them as a fellow officer/deputy and just not their BOSS!!!!! And the public will see they elected some one who cares about all, the citizens and his employees by being out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom