• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    This morning my wife and I sent a letter to the editor at the Enterprise newspaper.

To Southern Marylander’s,

My wife and I are registered democrats in district 29B and this year we are supporting Deb Rey for delegate because she is committed to us as her number one job. She won’t be working for Maryland part time and Steny Hoyer the rest like our incumbent John Bohanan. [Note to Mr. Hoyer, we won’t be forgiving of the furlough and the disrespect shown to veterans at the WWII monument back in 2013]. Deb Rey is going to fight for us to undo some of the harm done over the last eight years. We have had tax increase upon tax increases supported by our very own appointed incumbent John Bohanan. Let’s review some of those tax increases that Mr. Bohanan played a role in.

If you own a car you may be surprised to learn that our delegate John Bohanan supported these measures. There were no less than six automobile related tax increases; automatic indexed gas taxes, additional sales tax on gasoline, vehicle registration surcharge increase, doubling of vehicle title fees, tripling of car dealer processing fees, and doubling of the vanity plate fee.

If you own a house our delegate Mr. Bohanan supported five major tax increases; utility rate increase for wind turbines (paying tax to lose our jobs?), new storm water management fee (RAIN tax – even if it doesn’t rain), bay restoration Fee (FLUSH Tax), home improvement contractor licensing fees, and a real property transfer tax. But wait there is more.

Other Taxes the incumbent supported were a 20% sales tax increase from 5% to 6% - OUCH, income tax rate increase, doubling of the popular tobacco tax, and finally a 25% corporate tax increase from 7.00% to 8.75% - wonder why we are losing jobs? We are putting the state into a death spiral, people are fleeing this state because it’s cheaper to retire elsewhere.

We have lost business’s in droves over these past eight years. The incumbent and his cohorts support of the O’Malley/Brown administration, who are behind a majority of these Maryland killer taxes and failed policies, has been devastating to the state of Maryland. Over the last five years we have lost 4 fortune 500 companies, three of them to Virginia. Maryland is known for being hostile to business and as a result, our state lost 10,000 jobs in 2012 alone. The powers that be, are killing the goose to get the golden eggs. Taxes in this state are too high, John Bohanan and his parties policies threaten to raise taxes even further – they are toying with a 67% increase in property taxes being floated by Democratic Comptroller Peter Franchot. Our incumbent delegate has no ideas for tax relief and refuses to stand-up for us against our party leadership. He refuses to oppose taxes that take hard-earned dollars from southern Maryland and squander it in the northern parts of the state. Instead of offering ideas and leadership, John mischaracterizes and demonizes others who do want to reduce the tax burden here in Maryland.

Deb Rey is committed to working for us to roll back these taxes and cut wasteful spending with the new administration. Deb Rey will work to simplify the tax code, reducing the net tax burden upon us private citizens. She will work to make taxes more visible and transparent, so that politicians are less able to sneak through tax hikes. Deb Rey wants taxes that encourage personal savings and small business growth and good-paying, private sector jobs. Deb Rey wants taxes where citizens can control the amount of taxes that they pay through their personal decisions. Deb Rey believes that citizens know best how to spend their own money. It is my fervent hope that this new administration is headed by Mr. Hogan. Like Deb Rey, he isn’t a career politician, he is a man of the people and we need him to lead us back into prosperity. The state is losing the tax base, people are fleeing in droves. Maryland is ranked 41st for business according to a CEO survey conducted by the Washington Examiner. Where I come from Maryland gets an F.

Speaking of lost jobs, has anyone noticed the jobs we are going to lose in Accokeek, Maryland? Beretta, they have been here like forever and are packing it in because of the O’Malley/Brown Administration and our legislators (That includes you John Bohanan). Deb Rey supports our 2nd amendment rights and she was with us when warned them that SB281 was a bad idea. This bill drove Beretta and our gun rights out of Maryland and Beretta took the jobs with them. This bill is called the Firearms Safety Act of 2013. Well it’s not. It’s the lets tax and harass responsible legal gun owners because we don’t know what to do with the criminals bill. Responsible citizens pay a $50 fee for ownership and another $50 to get fingerprinted. Reading the papers I don’t feel safer but I know the street thugs do. It’s a well know fact that states with citizens who are armed have a significantly lower violent crime rate. The fact is, Baltimore and Washington DC are places I tend to avoid. But wait they say John Bohanan has an A rating from the NRA and voted against this bill. Well Deb Rey has an A rating and is endorsed by the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore. The NRA only looks at floor votes. John Bohanan never raised his voice against this Bill and only voted against the firearms act after it was clear it was going to pass. In addition, he did his best to obstruct a majority of the amendments offered by his colleagues that were pro 2nd amendment. Points and Kudo’s to Deb Rey here, she spoke up for our rights! She was there and she supported us. Deb Rey will fight for all of our rights in Annapolis if you give her your vote.

Lastly I need to say something about the windmills. We are being taxed to pay for windmills that have put tens of thousands of jobs on the line down here in southern Maryland at PAX River. Listen up people, the base isn’t just here to provide jobs. They aren’t a jobs program. The base is here to test advanced NAVY/USMC aircraft. There is a huge concern that these windmills are going to impede the Department of the Navy’s ability to test airborne radars in the bay. Does anyone think we can keep the base open if we can’t test advanced aircraft over water by our base? Anyone? Apparently it wasn’t important enough to get Mr. Bohanan to knock on some doors and change the O’Malley/Brown administrations mind. O’Malley/Brown vetoed the bill that would have protected our base and delayed the windmills until a study could be completed. Note there is that Brown guy again, trying to kill jobs in southern Maryland and he wants a promotion to Governor? The guy who lost a quarter billion dollars in a failed Maryland Obamacare exchange scam wants to administer the state budget? He has no practical business experience. Mr. Brown can’t run on his record so now he wants to be elected because he would be the first black Governor. You don’t vote for someone because of their race, religion, or sex. You do it because of their worldly experience, their core beliefs, and their loyalty and commitment to the American citizens in the state of Maryland.

These last eight years have been like the Rod Serling series. We woke up one day and realized we were literally in the twilight zone. We don’t understand where our party is taking us and I think a lot of Americans (democrat, republican, and independent) feel that way. I know many Marylanders do. I sure hope I have convinced you to do something about it. Send a strong message, please get out the vote for Deb Rey and Mr. Hogan. Let’s put Maryland first!

Sincerely,
    Chris R. and Maddy Crowley

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    This morning my wife and I sent a letter to the editor at the Enterprise newspaper.

To Southern Marylander’s,

My wife and I are registered democrats in district 29B and this year we are supporting Deb Rey for delegate because she is committed to us as her number one job. She won’t be working for Maryland part time and Steny Hoyer the rest like our incumbent John Bohanan. [Note to Mr. Hoyer, we won’t be forgiving of the furlough and the disrespect shown to veterans at the WWII monument back in 2013]. Deb Rey is going to fight for us to undo some of the harm done over the last eight years. We have had tax increase upon tax increases supported by our very own appointed incumbent John Bohanan. Let’s review some of those tax increases that Mr. Bohanan played a role in.

If you own a car you may be surprised to learn that our delegate John Bohanan supported these measures. There were no less than six automobile related tax increases; automatic indexed gas taxes, additional sales tax on gasoline, vehicle registration surcharge increase, doubling of vehicle title fees, tripling of car dealer processing fees, and doubling of the vanity plate fee.

If you own a house our delegate Mr. Bohanan supported five major tax increases; utility rate increase for wind turbines (paying tax to lose our jobs?), new storm water management fee (RAIN tax – even if it doesn’t rain), bay restoration Fee (FLUSH Tax), home improvement contractor licensing fees, and a real property transfer tax. But wait there is more.

Other Taxes the incumbent supported were a 20% sales tax increase from 5% to 6% - OUCH, income tax rate increase, doubling of the popular tobacco tax, and finally a 25% corporate tax increase from 7.00% to 8.75% - wonder why we are losing jobs? We are putting the state into a death spiral, people are fleeing this state because it’s cheaper to retire elsewhere.

We have lost business’s in droves over these past eight years. The incumbent and his cohorts support of the O’Malley/Brown administration, who are behind a majority of these Maryland killer taxes and failed policies, has been devastating to the state of Maryland. Over the last five years we have lost 4 fortune 500 companies, three of them to Virginia. Maryland is known for being hostile to business and as a result, our state lost 10,000 jobs in 2012 alone. The powers that be, are killing the goose to get the golden eggs. Taxes in this state are too high, John Bohanan and his parties policies threaten to raise taxes even further – they are toying with a 67% increase in property taxes being floated by Democratic Comptroller Peter Franchot. Our incumbent delegate has no ideas for tax relief and refuses to stand-up for us against our party leadership. He refuses to oppose taxes that take hard-earned dollars from southern Maryland and squander it in the northern parts of the state. Instead of offering ideas and leadership, John mischaracterizes and demonizes others who do want to reduce the tax burden here in Maryland.

Deb Rey is committed to working for us to roll back these taxes and cut wasteful spending with the new administration. Deb Rey will work to simplify the tax code, reducing the net tax burden upon us private citizens. She will work to make taxes more visible and transparent, so that politicians are less able to sneak through tax hikes. Deb Rey wants taxes that encourage personal savings and small business growth and good-paying, private sector jobs. Deb Rey wants taxes where citizens can control the amount of taxes that they pay through their personal decisions. Deb Rey believes that citizens know best how to spend their own money. It is my fervent hope that this new administration is headed by Mr. Hogan. Like Deb Rey, he isn’t a career politician, he is a man of the people and we need him to lead us back into prosperity. The state is losing the tax base, people are fleeing in droves. Maryland is ranked 41st for business according to a CEO survey conducted by the Washington Examiner. Where I come from Maryland gets an F.

Speaking of lost jobs, has anyone noticed the jobs we are going to lose in Accokeek, Maryland? Beretta, they have been here like forever and are packing it in because of the O’Malley/Brown Administration and our legislators (That includes you John Bohanan). Deb Rey supports our 2nd amendment rights and she was with us when warned them that SB281 was a bad idea. This bill drove Beretta and our gun rights out of Maryland and Beretta took the jobs with them. This bill is called the Firearms Safety Act of 2013. Well it’s not. It’s the lets tax and harass responsible legal gun owners because we don’t know what to do with the criminals bill. Responsible citizens pay a $50 fee for ownership and another $50 to get fingerprinted. Reading the papers I don’t feel safer but I know the street thugs do. It’s a well know fact that states with citizens who are armed have a significantly lower violent crime rate. The fact is, Baltimore and Washington DC are places I tend to avoid. But wait they say John Bohanan has an A rating from the NRA and voted against this bill. Well Deb Rey has an A rating and is endorsed by the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore. The NRA only looks at floor votes. John Bohanan never raised his voice against this Bill and only voted against the firearms act after it was clear it was going to pass. In addition, he did his best to obstruct a majority of the amendments offered by his colleagues that were pro 2nd amendment. Points and Kudo’s to Deb Rey here, she spoke up for our rights! She was there and she supported us. Deb Rey will fight for all of our rights in Annapolis if you give her your vote.

Lastly I need to say something about the windmills. We are being taxed to pay for windmills that have put tens of thousands of jobs on the line down here in southern Maryland at PAX River. Listen up people, the base isn’t just here to provide jobs. They aren’t a jobs program. The base is here to test advanced NAVY/USMC aircraft. There is a huge concern that these windmills are going to impede the Department of the Navy’s ability to test airborne radars in the bay. Does anyone think we can keep the base open if we can’t test advanced aircraft over water by our base? Anyone? Apparently it wasn’t important enough to get Mr. Bohanan to knock on some doors and change the O’Malley/Brown administrations mind. O’Malley/Brown vetoed the bill that would have protected our base and delayed the windmills until a study could be completed. Note there is that Brown guy again, trying to kill jobs in southern Maryland and he wants a promotion to Governor? The guy who lost a quarter billion dollars in a failed Maryland Obamacare exchange scam wants to administer the state budget? He has no practical business experience. Mr. Brown can’t run on his record so now he wants to be elected because he would be the first black Governor. You don’t vote for someone because of their race, religion, or sex. You do it because of their worldly experience, their core beliefs, and their loyalty and commitment to the American citizens in the state of Maryland.

These last eight years have been like the Rod Serling series. We woke up one day and realized we were literally in the twilight zone. We don’t understand where our party is taking us and I think a lot of Americans (democrat, republican, and independent) feel that way. I know many Marylanders do. I sure hope I have convinced you to do something about it. Send a strong message, please get out the vote for Deb Rey and Mr. Hogan. Let’s put Maryland first!

Sincerely,
    Chris R. and Maddy Crowley
    I hope they publish it.

YZF-R1

Aug 22, 2010
    I liked the letter. Don't buy he's a democrat though. Only meant as constructive criticism, in case he isn't ;-)

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    Indeed I am. I thought there should be some diversity when I signed up. Its a nice way to start a letter isn't it? I believe in a America, Hard work in place of naked Hope, keeping things in place that work (constitution), and getting rid of things that don't (free lunch). I looked for candidates in the primary who believed in the same things and who would be good stewards of public money.

I didn't find any but, chose lesser of most evils. I was disappointed that most of the incumbents were unopposed except state level.

I won't be posting my voter ID card here to prove a point. You know all of the facts in the letter above to be true, so I ask you to take my word for it. I am a member of the democrat party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom