• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Excellent analysis, everyone!

The last few years we have only been learning about, and testing the DINO strategy here and there. The next election, 2018, will be a full court press. If you've never voted in your life, you need to get out there and vote. If you don't have a definitive conservative in your district that you feel compelled to vote for IN THE REPUBLICAN PRIMARY; then register as a Democrat, and help us unseat as many of these establishment Democrats as possible, IN THE DEMOCRAT PRIMARY.

We are overt and vocal about our strategy for several reasons, the most important is we need literally thousands of people, who haven't voted regularly because (and they were right before) that their vote didn't matter. They were marginalized, and gerrymandered into it not mattering. THIS TIME, 2018, EVERY VOTE COUNTS. Either vote for your guy, or vote with us to get the bums out.

The second reason we are overtly discussing the DINO movement (but not some specific tactics or specific priority political targets), is because we want to SCARE THE HELL out of the establishment Democrats, so they are forced to spend a lot more money fighting us to support incumbents (the establishment Dems), and fighting 'non-establishment' Dems who are running against them in the Primary. This will cost the establishment Dems in Maryland a lot of treasure, money they won't have to spread around when they go against the conservatives (mostly Republicans) in the General election.

Looks like everyone is on the same sheet of music. We just need to get 10x more folks to register as Dems before the 2018 election. Please tell your friends, and join us!

An important point here:

You DO NOT need to be registered as a D to vote for an R in the General Election.

So if any "Summer DINOs" want to switch back to R, feel free - it won't hurt the effort at all. As a matter of fact, it may just confuse the crap out of the pollsters and the DemocRAT Establishment.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    We need to educate our Maryland Republican friends and families about this.

If we do this right then we can use the very same rules that they set up to restore power to the people.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    What/where is that link to change parties, please? I felt horrible having people I didn't even know see me show up and take a Democratic ballot. Thank god no one that I knew was there.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    What/where is that link to change parties, please? I felt horrible having people I didn't even know see me show up and take a Democratic ballot. Thank god no one that I knew was there.

The very first post of this thread has that link.

----

Today I exchanged several emails with a leader of a Republican chapter; he's now promoting DINO. Tonight I had dinner with two Democrats, one of the is an officer of the Democrat club, and he personally put out signs for Hillary Clinton at several polling places. I made great progress with both, and one is now supporting Trump and is now a DINO!

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    The very first post of this thread has that link.

----

Today I exchanged several emails with a leader of a Republican chapter; he's now promoting DINO. Tonight I had dinner with two Democrats, one of the is an officer of the Democrat club, and he personally put out signs for Hillary Clinton at several polling places. I made great progress with both, and one is now supporting Trump and is now a DINO!

I did find it since I posted, but it says that voter registration is closed until May 9th. Others had mentioned changing their affiliation already. :shrug:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The strategic goal of DINO is to change the current system in Maryland, where a handful of establishment Democrats (could have been Republicans), have a strangle hold on junior politicians (telling them how they must vote), and gerrymandering voting districts so most of us have no real vote.

Until this changes, nothing else will change. Democrats as well as Republicans will benefit by this fundimential changing of the guard. Even if we end up with worse Democrats in office, they will not have the seniority or power to dictate to others how to vote, who gets campaign money, seats on committees, etc. Younger, new freshmen Dems will be much more open minded to bi-partisan cooperation.

You have plenty of time to switch your registration to Democrat, but the sooner everyone does it the better. I recommend doing it in May. Any eligible voter can vote for any candidate in the General election, regardless of political affiliation. It's the 2018 Democrat Primary in 2018 that matters most for DINOs.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Don't forget the other advantage of being registered as a Democrat. The politicians in Annapolis will listen when you call them and write/email them. They do check for party affiliation and voting district so in this "D" state if you want them to care about what you say you better pretend to be a Democrat.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Don't forget the other advantage of being registered as a Democrat. The politicians in Annapolis will listen when you call them and write/email them. They do check for party affiliation and voting district so in this "D" state if you want them to care about what you say you better pretend to be a Democrat.

Absolutely true!

I've received more response from elected officials (and candidates) this year than ever before.

When you honestly say (especially when they verify it), "I'm a registered Democrat in your district, and I vote", they tend to listen. Because they know you are motivated, you can vote for or against them TWICE (primary, and general elections), and you probably influence (represent) about 100 votes! Your absolutely right they get interested in a hurry!

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Tle Lay of the Land

I’ve been introduced to this strategy recently. I think it has some serious possibilities. As I read through the thread I’m thinking about the pieces that would make this something with real weight. Here’s where I am right now. (By the way, I’ve been a DINO for years. In a perverse way, this year it gives me TWO opportunities to vote against Hillary.)

In order to make the DINO campaign effective it seems to me that there needs to be a carefully crafted strategy. I’m confident this already exists and I’m just not aware of it. Things like:

1 Calculations of the deltas between the vote counts for the top two, three, or other number of candidates (depending on how many generally run)—by district—to determine how many DINO votes will be needed in each district to affect outcomes.

2 Assessment of districts where incumbents are vulnerable.

3 Assessment of districts where non-incumbent DP candidates may be vulnerable to losing to a strong RP candidate.

4 Assessment of DP candidates, issue discussions with ones to evaluate their positions and subtly communicate the possibility for support based on stated positions and willingness to promote those positions legislatively.

5 Development of priority lists based on winability.

6 Recruitment and grooming of strong non-democrat candidates primarily responsive to the grassroots people to run in Republican primaries.

7 Systematic campaigns (read committed foot soldiers) to recruit the requisite number of DINOs, and metrics to guide the process.

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction where this kind of work is already being done. I would benefit greatly from the insight.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I’ve been introduced to this strategy recently. I think it has some serious possibilities. As I read through the thread I’m thinking about the pieces that would make this something with real weight. Here’s where I am right now. (By the way, I’ve been a DINO for years. In a perverse way, this year it gives me TWO opportunities to vote against Hillary.)

In order to make the DINO campaign effective it seems to me that there needs to be a carefully crafted strategy. I’m confident this already exists and I’m just not aware of it. Things like:

1 Calculations of the deltas between the vote counts for the top two, three, or other number of candidates (depending on how many generally run)—by district—to determine how many DINO votes will be needed in each district to affect outcomes.

2 Assessment of districts where incumbents are vulnerable.

3 Assessment of districts where non-incumbent DP candidates may be vulnerable to losing to a strong RP candidate.

4 Assessment of DP candidates, issue discussions with ones to evaluate their positions and subtly communicate the possibility for support based on stated positions and willingness to promote those positions legislatively.

5 Development of priority lists based on winability.

6 Recruitment and grooming of strong non-democrat candidates primarily responsive to the grassroots people to run in Republican primaries.

7 Systematic campaigns (read committed foot soldiers) to recruit the requisite number of DINOs, and metrics to guide the process.

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction where this kind of work is already being done. I would benefit greatly from the insight.

Thank you for the sage advice and leadership.

We are just beginning. Absolutely need to do the fundamental work well.

The sooner, and more people that convert to DINO the better off we all will be. You speak to a broader, more comprehensive strategy, exactly the kind of strategic thinking we need.

Let's go!

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    dino%2Bdemocrats.jpg

:thumbsup:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Why we supported Donna Edwards:

She's anti-establishment.

Please don't make it a race (color) issue, or a gun issue; its about stopping the 'establishment'.

Unfortunately Donna lost.

But that's ok; our real fight is the 2018 Democrat primary election. Let's go Donna, we will vote for you!!!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I get this question from time to time, so lets discuss: What is gerrymandering, and how can we stop it?

imrs.php

Maryland's districts, drawn by Democrats, are among the most egregious in the country. This is the primary reason we have become hostages in our own state, because the establishment Democrats have deliberately made the districts so the majority of the peoples votes simply do not matter. This is why when thousands of us go to Annapolis against SB281, they don't care. They no longer represent us, they have rigged the system and know we can't vote them out during a General election. But they are hoping we don't get wise to this, and don't see the fatal flaw in their crooked system... we CAN register as Democrats and we CAN VOTE in 'their' rigged 'Democrat only Primary'.

By comparison, North Carolina's districts, drawn by Republicans, are essentially the opposite. There have been many proposed fixes over the year, some states have independent commissions to the districting.

The Democrats in Maryland, use voter registration as the key factor in how they slice up the state so they can maintain their stranglehold over the rest of us. When large numbers of us change our registration to Democrat, the crooks can't tell who's a 'real Democrat' from a voter who is a Democrat in Name Only (DINO). So the second greatest tool you have is to influence and counteract the gerrymandering in our state. The most powerful is that you can actually vote some of these career 'establishment' politicians out.

imrs.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom