• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Teflon

Aug 5, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Hi,

I've been reading multiple threads for an hour now and can't find a link to the regulated firearms in MD, including handguns/ARs. One thread indicated check the links on the main MDS home page, but both links are dead.

Anyone have a link for this? Can a Mod update the home page links?

Also, while I'm at it, maybe someone here can answer my main question. Looking for a Ruger SR22 pistol and may end up putting suppressor on it, so looking at the threaded barrel variant. A quick search on Davidson's website indicates the threaded variant "is restricted in this dealer's state". Does this mean I can't buy it in MD? Why is the non-threaded variant restricted but the threaded isn't (at least this is what Davidson's says)?

SFbrah

ლ(ಠ_ಠ )ლ
    Jul 30, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    The only regulated firearms post oct 1. 2013 are handguns. Every long gun that was regulated has been banned.

If you find a rifle that you want to buy, its cash and carry.

To your other question; no idea how the threads make something illegal, sounds like someone is talking out of their ass.

i could be wrong and IANAL.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    MD handgun roster...the only "regulated" firearms left after 10/1/13

nice straightforward summary of the MD banned firearms , post 10/1.

also keep in mind AR15 lowers seem to be legal now if made into pistols or HBARs.

threaded barrels don't matter. if a particular store/website won't sell something to you, move on to one that takes a few seconds to check MD laws and will sell to you.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    The roster lists the following SR22 handguns as approved:

3600, 3601, 3603, 3606, 3607, 3611

https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/S...e/HandgunRoster/HandgunModels.aspx?manu=18140

ruger's website lists 3604 as the threaded barrel variety. Looks like its not approved for sale.

Now an interesting exercise: the only regulated element on a firearm is the receiver, which contains the serial number. If the OP purchases a listed SR22 (say 3600) and purchases separately a threaded barrel, is it still a 3600?

Last edited:

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    Since the other variants are listed, it would be a simple matter to submit the threaded barrel variant to the roster for inclusion.

But yeah, once it's bought, what's on the roster doesn't matter anymore. The roster doesn't determine what's legal to possess in MD; it determines what's legal to buy/sell in MD.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Now an interesting exercise: the only regulated element on a firearm is the receiver, which contains the serial number. If the OP purchases a listed SR22 (say 3600) and purchases separately a threaded barrel, is it still a 3600?

Not an interesting exercise...battered gun owner syndrome. I don't see many specific variants of guns on the roster, but I know I've seen plenty of places offering said specific variants for sale (e.g. HK45 Tactical). My advice is not to concern yourself with the roster in such intricacy and most certainly not the above thought exercise.

Teflon

Aug 5, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Since the other variants are listed, it would be a simple matter to submit the threaded barrel variant to the roster for inclusion.

Has anyone actually done this? If not it may be better to shop around to find a gun store that already has it or will transfer it.

Thanks everyone for the links.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom