So Freds in Waldorf is building a gun range.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Huckleberry43

Apr 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I don't care if its the best business or not, but in our time of troubling politics the more gun ranges the better. I would rather see more open, than close. :) Go Fred's!! I'll NEVER fill out a log to buy ammo. I also said I'd never register a gun, but that was when I lived in Colorado... Marylandistan got me there...

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I ran into the owner at Tractor Supply one day and he said that they are not using it anymore. I will be up in Waldorf later today... I would be willing to buy a box of ammo and test them.

Last I checked, they still mentioned it on their website. (Too lazy to check right now to verify. It's his responsibility to make up for several years of asinine BS and get the message out.)

travismxi

Nov 14, 2010
    I remember a ammo log awhile ago. Like others have said i believe they have done away with it. I am in there often between hunting stuff and gun stuff. They have always been good to me. They don't drop ballons and play music when i come in but they have been helpful.

Last edited:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    They may not be putting it on paper anymore however. Any time you give a store like freds, dicks and bass pro your phone number and or rewards card for the discounts they are tracking the ammo you buy along with a lot of other information. They all can pull up everything you buy when you bought it and how much any time they want and all the police have to do is ask for a copy of it and they know. It all.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    once i found out about keepshooting, i havent set a foot back in freds...frankly i think the only reason they stay in business is most people do not know about the other FFLs in waldorf...

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    once i found out about keepshooting, i havent set a foot back in freds...frankly i think the only reason they stay in business is most people do not know about the other FFLs in waldorf...

THIS! They have the most visible storefront. That is all.

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    No, that's not a federal law. That's just another inane Maryland moron law. People in normal states don't sign anything to buy smokeless powder, anymore than they have to wait seven days to buy a handgun or "restricted" weapon, or buy chamber locks, or pay the state police and go to a barracks to sell a gun to someone else, or wait for politicians and their minions to decide what handguns are legal to buy.

I don't buy black powder, but I doubt anyone signs for that either.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    No, that's not a federal law. That's just another inane Maryland moron law. People in normal states don't sign anything to buy smokeless powder, anymore than they have to wait seven days to buy a handgun or "restricted" weapon, or buy chamber locks, or pay the state police and go to a barracks to sell a gun to someone else, or wait for politicians and their minions to decide what handguns are legal to buy.

I don't buy black powder, but I doubt anyone signs for that either.

I can assure you that have to sign for black powder.

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    You probably do have to sign for that in MD, but I'm talking about in real states. In normal places you don't need to sign for the BP substitutes, though I'm not sure about actual BP. But you definitely don't need to sign for smokeless powders in regular places. That's just part of the Maryland groove.

Grrrr

Nov 10, 2011
    waldorf md
    I have yet to see this mystery ammo log these guys rant about. The only thing I sign for is black powder and smokeless powders, that I have no issue with, that's a federal requirement.

Believe what you want. The last time i tried to buy ammo there they pulled out a big binder and asked for my license. After some discussion i left the ammo sitting on the counter. That was some time ago and dont know if they do it any longer. I quit buying pistol ammo from them that day.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dicks sporting goods have started doing the same thing but with the computer I was told anything back in the hunting section you have to show your d.l. and them put in information from it in to the computer

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom