• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • giggity

Nov 8, 2013
    Does anyone know where I can find the list of the firearms safety training courses that are approved by the Secretary of the Department of MSP that exempts someone from needing to take the training component in order to get a HQL? Basically I'm trying to find out if the online safety course that was required to purchase a regulated firearm before SB281 is an approved safety training course even if that person that completed the safety course never purchase a regulated firearm.

Copied straight from the MSP website.

"Required to have the HQL, but exempt from the training component

1.Someone who completed a firearms safety training course approved by the Secretary of the Department of Maryland State Police."

https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/S...ion/Firearms/HandgunQualificationLicense.aspx

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    The old safety video doesn't count for the hql. Hunter safety training does though, I think Texas has an online hunter course you can transfer to MD.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    some HQL info

Free classes offered by this MDshooters member

The next free class will be held at Mitchell's Martial Arts, 1305 S. Division Street, Salisbury, MD 21801 on Sept. 6th at 11 am. Everything necessary to take the class will be provided including firearms, ammo, eye and ear protection. PM if you plan to attend so that I can hold your seats.

This class is free to all MD shooters and their friends.

I'd contact him to see if that can work for you.

giggity

Nov 8, 2013
    Thanks for the info. I'm really trying to find out for my wife. I'm exempt from the class but she wants our next pistol to be in her name. I guess I'll have to sign her up for one of those safety classes after all. Salisbury is pretty far from home, we'll have to figure out if it'll be worth driving out there. Thanks again for the info! Very helpful!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dukes Defense did a good job on our Utah CCW class. And as a bonus, they are about 3 doors down from 2A Sales. :)

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks for the info. I'm really trying to find out for my wife. I'm exempt from the class but she wants our next pistol to be in her name. I guess I'll have to sign her up for one of those safety classes after all. Salisbury is pretty far from home, we'll have to figure out if it'll be worth driving out there. Thanks again for the info! Very helpful!

You are welcome. Check out the web site for this place. I have not been there but it's just off the 175 E of 295. They appear to have reasonable rates for the HQL class. Otherwise United Gun Shop on Randolph Road can recommend some places too.

Don't know where you live, but On Target in Severn is a great place too.
    Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom