• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I'm in MoCo, but can/will travel for a good place to get this done. Decided I do need the damned HQL after all, with prior purchases and a DD214 I can skip the training. But looks like the priciest part may be the frickin' prints.

Who's got recommended places to go that are reliable and won't gouge me on costs? Any IPs doing this as a service?

There are probably other threads with this in them, but my search-fu is weak tonight.

Now off to look up the whole process and start putting paperwork together for my pre-new-year's resolution!

ziptiespec

Tyler Firearms is an IP and has Livescan on premises every Monday night. They're in Halethorpe (outside of Baltimore). They do HQL classes from soup to nuts for $180. I'd imagine that they would help out w/ fingerprints for much less than that. Here's their HQL class info: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=153648

Chuck is a good guy, a veteran, and supports MDS. Call 'em and ask about what prints would cost.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I had mine done in Glen Burnie. Easy scheduling, friendly staff, clean office, 5 mins in and out. Would recommend to anyone 100%.

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    I went to American Identity Solutions. They have 3 locations. Bethesda, Rockville and Silver Spring.

I spent $62.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    The cheapest you will find is $54.50. If it were me, I'd find a place that is close and spend $10 more. We typically refer people to American Identity Solutions because the Rockville location is very close to the shoppe.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    I remember reading one shop was a one-stop solution, so hql form, scan, and submission. Don't remember the name though, or if was already mentioned above.

MDoldtimer

Jan 12, 2009
    LOgic, you might be thinking of On Target where you can have a one stop experience. The cost is $99 for the course that includes an hour on the range with the use of any range gun and the assistance of the instructor, $60 for Livescan and records plus $50 filing fee using their computer with the assistance of the staff. The kicker is that the course charge includes a coupon for $50 discount on the purchase of any handgun within 90 days after completion of the course.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    LOgic, you might be thinking of On Target where you can have a one stop experience. The cost is $99 for the course that includes an hour on the range with the use of any range gun and the assistance of the instructor, $60 for Livescan and records plus $50 filing fee using their computer with the assistance of the staff. The kicker is that the course charge includes a coupon for $50 discount on the purchase of any handgun within 90 days after completion of the course.

Tyler Firearms does it all for 180.

I'm thinking it was On Target because that one is closer to me than Tyler Firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom