• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Quick question, Century will ship their C308 at the end of this month. It's a CETME-clone with a reasonable MSRP.

Will these be MD-legal? Any IPs have plans to carry them?

Gotta have it....:D

CenturyC308_01.jpg

Feb 28, 2013
    Apex has cetme L kits for 250 if anyone wants a project

Yeah, but good luck finding a receiver though.

This looks great, does any know if this is MD legal? Or is it under the copycat ban?

It has a fixed stock, so it wouldn't be a copycat. The issue is whether or not the parts interchange with anything on the banned list, in this case the HK91.

Yeah I was just reading what limited info there is on them out there. I need more details in order to figure out if they're good to go here, may just have to get one in the shop to see.

If you decide to sell 'em I'll be the first in line.:D

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    At $700 I'm on that like stank on O'Malley but I not hopeful that's going to be Maryland legal.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    At $700 I'm on that like stank on O'Malley but I not hopeful that's going to be Maryland legal.

One thing I read said it takes a CETME carrier and bolt and trigger parts. If those are the only things that are non-G3, it'd be MD legal. I'm liking our chances, just hope the bolts aren't ground like the century CETME rifles for headspace.

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    One thing I read said it takes a CETME carrier and bolt and trigger parts. If those are the only things that are non-G3, it'd be MD legal. I'm liking our chances, just hope the bolts aren't ground like the century CETME rifles for headspace.

The Century rep swears they have that corrected. They got PTR to assist with the receiver to eliminate that issue.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    We have extensively tested the C308 rifles and thus far they have preformed with out a hitch. Century has really stepped up their quality control game in the last few years and we have not really been running into many issues. These are also being built on a PTR receiver and it looks like the dimensions & specs are straight on the guns. At least is is another option for us Marylander s behind the Iron Curtain .

caic308sporter%20(2%20of%209).jpg

caic308sporter%20(2%20of%202).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom