• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reubj

Nov 29, 2007
    Western MD
    Why shouldn't we be able to have access to our own record (or lack of record) in the NICS database. This is at least as importajt to us as our credit rating. We are by law entitled to a free credit report once every twelve months. Why not for NICS? It would make sure no mistakes have been made and everything is on the up-and-up.
    Thoughts?

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Maybe apply for your record under the Freedom Of Information Act?

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I spoke with a lady at NICS in WVa a few years ago, when the MD court didn't log the disposition of a paid seatbelt ticket. It quietly turned into an FTA, and sat that way for years, jamming me up every time I bought a gun. They pointed me to the right person to call... very cool.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    after the ticket, I had moved so I missed the court date:
    >Failure To Appear
    >Bench Warrant
    >pulled over a year later for cracked windshield
    >arrested "Sir, Ill need you to step out of the vehicle. Sorry, but I'm going to have to take you in. Bench warrant.
    >quick ride with a super cool AA co. officer to the station, 45 min there then down to Annap. courthouse,
    >pay the magistrate the $25 ticket, and leave.

seemed irritating, but painless until I got kicked back for my FLA CCW. They were the first to ever tell me that there was a problem with NICS.
    it had been years

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I received a summons for a parking ticket in Baltimore city on a street I have never been on. Went to court. Officer failed to appear, so the case was dismissed. 2 years later, I have a MVA hold on my registration from Baltimore City for failure to pay a ticket. I had to go to MVA. while at MVA, call Baltimore City court and have Baltimore City fax MVA a memo stating the hold was released. registration renewed

I'm not done yet

fast forward 3 years, same memo. Registration hold due to failure to pay a ticket. Fortunately the date on the summons was in the system and I had a copy of the memo from the first previous renewal. This time the hold was cleared. Apparently the first time through the record was not expunged, just bypassed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom