Can't buy a 10/22 receiver under 21? HELP!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Nate is correct.

This is not kosher. Its not a rifle per the pictures thus it was transferred as an "other" receiver (buyer MUST be 21 or older)to someone prohibited or it was transferred via straw purchase.

Or the OP figured he was already out the money for buying the receiver and he figured out to gift it to his dad or he took the parts off the 10/22 he bought for his dad (e.g., stock, barrel, bolt, and trigger group) and had the shop build the thing into an actual rifle. It really isn't that hard to take all those items off of a 10/22, as I am sure you are aware. Then, once he has the rifle in hand, he can take everything back off the receiver and put it back on his dad's rifle.

Would either of those options work?

Then again, maybe the pictures are not of the exact item we are discussing, or the pictures are before or after the parts from the other 10/22 were put on it, or the pictures were at the FFL. Of course, I'm not seeing any pics right now because it looks like the OP wised up and deleted everything except this entire thread.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Or the OP figured he was already out the money for buying the receiver and he figured out to gift it to his dad or he took the parts off the 10/22 he bought for his dad (e.g., stock, barrel, bolt, and trigger group) and had the shop build the thing into an actual rifle. It really isn't that hard to take all those items off of a 10/22, as I am sure you are aware. Then, once he has the rifle in hand, he can take everything back off the receiver and put it back on his dad's rifle.

Would either of those options work?

Then again, maybe the pictures are not of the exact item we are discussing, or the pictures are before or after the parts from the other 10/22 were put on it, or the pictures were at the FFL. Of course, I'm not seeing any pics right now because it looks like the OP wised up and deleted everything except this entire thread.

There were pictures which lead to the content of my post. Yes a MFG can build up the receiver into a rifle but that's not what happened based on the posts and pictures.

ziptiespec

We don't really know how this was resolved, and it really isn't our business honestly. OP mentioned that he bought his dad a 10/22 rifle and he was trying to buy a 10/22 receiver for himself. I can see the desire to build a custom 10/22 as it's an item on my to do list as well.

Anyway, since OP wasn't of the correct age to have the receiver transferred to himself, yet still wanted to do a 10/22 build, maybe he swapped his dad rifle for receiver and will still get to do the build, only for his father.

I know that if I had the choice of receiving a gift of a complete 10/22 rifle vs a receiver from a child o' mine, I'd prefer the receiver. The chance to build the rifle together would be well more than worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom