• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    is trading illegal?

that is a purchase. trade, barter, purchase, call it what you will, it all means the same thing. Exchange of one good (money, beer, bullets) for another (venison).

It is always legal to give someone a gift... "Happy 7:35 P.M.!!!! Here's a present" :lol2:

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    I think Jim Sr. is on to something, it might be to prevent poaching for profit.

that, and no one was there to inspect the care of the animal during processing, including how it was gutted, if you cut the gut's open and spill the various fluid's all over the meat it ruin's in. and make's it unsafe to eat. not to mention how long it might of been left out in the heat to spoil. one reason when i hunt the early season I'm very picky on shooting deer because i know i don't have much time to get it into a cooler.

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    that, and no one was there to inspect the care of the animal during processing, including how it was gutted, if you cut the gut's open and spill the various fluid's all over the meat it ruin's in. and make's it unsafe to eat. not to mention how long it might of been left out in the heat to spoil. one reason when i hunt the early season I'm very picky on shooting deer because i know i don't have much time to get it into a cooler.

That's one reason I don't really start bowhunting until late September or October, less bugs later too. I let the squirrels keep me occupied in September. :D

rondon600

Mar 16, 2009
    my goal is to kill as many deer as I can and eat/dry/stockpile/donate all of it. I know a bunch of single mom's who could really benefit from a gift of 20lbs of protien.

Please introduce me to your single moms. 20lbs of protein is going to be a lot of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, had to go there!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    is trading illegal?
    Donations arent:innocent0

my goal is to kill as many deer as I can and eat/dry/stockpile/donate all of it. I know a bunch of single mom's who could really benefit from a gift of 20lbs of protien.
    :lol2::sad20:

Why is selling venison illegal in Maryland? Is it due to a real health concern or something else, which is totally justified?

Or is it against the law simply because the Maryland legislature knows what's right for us.... (sarcasm intended).

Kindest regards,

-Will

The government wants people dependent on food stamps...going out and taking care of yourself is stupid in their eyes:sad20:

Prob more of a poaching for profit concern like stated a post or two back...just like the Rockfish market its always subject to poaching. Cuz people that poach for profit are greedy..,

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    I usually don't kill as many as I could due to either not needing the additional meat or not wanting to do the extra butchering. If someone on here that doesn't hunt wants a deer and is willing to butcher or have it butcherd let me know. It is legal to give someone a deer to take to a butcher as long as you also give them the confirmation number for the deer to prove it is a legal kill.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I usually don't kill as many as I could due to either not needing the additional meat or not wanting to do the extra butchering. If someone on here that doesn't hunt wants a deer and is willing to butcher or have it butcherd let me know. It is legal to give someone a deer to take to a butcher as long as you also give them the confirmation number for the deer to prove it is a legal kill.

I am curious... how much does it cost to have someone butcher a Deer - are there DNR approved locations that do this?

Also, do any of you save the deerskins or pay anyone to process them?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Op

Where are you located. I'm sure I could spare a few steaks or some burger.

Lmao. I didn't even notice since the five previous messages were today...lol oops

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom