Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    gotten from the MSP hotline:

Traffic Stop Yields Criminal Arrest On Eastern Shore
    April 18, 2016
    (Centreville, MD) – A Maryland state trooper, working a special distracted driving enforcement initiative, made a traffic stop yesterday resulting in a criminal arrest.

The accused is identified as Darin March, Jr., 20, of the 1200 block of Ashleigh Station Court in Bowie. March was charged with illegal possession of firearms, possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with the intent to distribute and numerous other criminal charges. He was also issued a traffic citation for using a hand held cell phone while driving. March was arrested without incident and transported to the Queen Anne’s County Detention Center where he was held on a $100,000 bond.

Yesterday around 6:00pm, a state trooper from the Centreville Barrack was working a special traffic enforcement initiative, designed to target distracted drivers. While on patrol on eastbound Route 50 in Grasonville, March was observed driving his Pontiac Grand Am while simultaneously using his hand held cell phone. An immediate traffic stop was initiated.

While on the traffic stop, the trooper detected a strong odor of raw marijuana. A subsequent search of the vehicle revealed two ounces of marijuana, packaged for distribution, along with several items of drug paraphernalia and over $10,000 in United States currency. A further search led to the discovery of two firearms, one of which had a defaced serial number.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Another of Prince Georges finest Zulus off the streets. Great work, guys! Can't wait to leave Merryland and all these Changes behind.

Lew--Ranger63

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have seen a lot of cell phone users pulled over on the shore... don't risk it! lol

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I thought (not a LEO) that pulling you over for the cell phone would be PC for the stop then the odor of marijuana was PC?
    Yes....The purpose of the effort is distracted driving......but it gives you the opportunity to develop the PC for bigger "fish"

If he doesn't make the original stop......

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I thought (not a LEO) that pulling you over for the cell phone would be PC for the stop then the odor of marijuana was PC?

The non-hands-free cell phone use was a misdemeanor witnessed by the trooper. It used to be a secondary offense--an add-on to speeding for instance, but we know now it is a citable offense on its own.

Dat smell was the PC that put that loser in the lockup for weed and guns.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    And MSP can keep the $10k as a tip. No problem with civil forfeiture when it is done right and to a truly deserving individual as the perp.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    and this goes to show that getting caught is compounding crimes... had the moron not been on his phone while driving, he would have continued to conduct his business. how stupid can these idiots be.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    and this goes to show that getting caught is compounding crimes... had the moron not been on his phone while driving, he would have continued to conduct his business. how stupid can these idiots be.

You'd be amazed how many drug couriers are stopped for speeding.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    You'd be amazed how many drug couriers are stopped for speeding.

I'm not surprised at all. I am at the point in my young life that no amount of stupid can surprise me anymore. I am now of the opinion that stupidity has no limit, and goes beyond the horizon. I am more surprised at the embrace and encouragement by "society" of stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom