How Old Were You When You Bought Your First Firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike4Maryland

Harford County, MD USA
    Apr 5, 2013
    I was 18. I bought a Remington 22 rifle and hid it from my parents. I still have it.........some 40 years later. A lot more over the years. My son will have it someday......
    :mdpatriot

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Well unofficially I think I was 14 or 15. I saved up money for guns that I wanted and my dad would buy them in his name. I have never actually bought a gun from a shop and filled out a 4473 yet. Besides all the ones I got before I could buy them myself I bought a m48 Mauser from a member face to face and I bought a T53 mosin from SOG on my C&R.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I was about 14 when I bought a single shot 12 ga from a neighbor.
    I think he was 16 so we didn't have any of that pesky paperwork/bill of sale stuff
    to worry about

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    I was 12 used to ride my bike to ray's pawn shop in Taylor Texas ,it was a smokey place half block off the main drag. I saved enough for an early 870 that i still have,he said to me get your brother to come in and pick it up for you and i did,the good days of pawn and gun shops .

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    First firearm I ever owned was bought for me a week before I turned 18 as a gift.

A Hi-Point 995 Carbine (9mm), it was ugly as sin and a bit chunky - but it was exceedingly reliable and accurate. Wish I never sold it...

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    The first guns I got were my grandfather's shotguns after he passed away when I was in middle school. I knew he had used to run a trap club that no longer existed, but I never had much interest in firearms until that point. Once I got them, it seemed right that I should learn to use and maintain them.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I did buy a handgun from a friend when I was 17, the background check consisted of his Mother asking me if my parents approved of me buying it. I said yes and I was instantly "not disapproved"

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    19 pos rem 887 nitro mag tactical sold it for a benelli supernova tactical, which I have since sold for a Remington 870 express.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    13/14 and it was a 20 gauge Franchi O/U from Anglers. Still have it, too damn light to shoot for anything more than 5 or 10 rounds. Used it when I first shot clays and came home bruised every time!!!!

14, I think. Nickel Colt Frontier Scout .22 revolver with rosewood grips in a presentation box. It sat for years in the display case at Routzahn's Department Store at Market and Patrick Streets in Frederick, and I wanted it so bad I saved two years of lawnmowing money for it. It sat there so long that as my savings grew, they cut the price a little at a time. Think I wound up paying about $65, which was still a lot of money in 1970. My dad thought I was crazy, but I'd earned the money so he bought it for me. Lord, I wish I still had it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom