• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Does anyone know if Bass Pro is doing transfers to active military without an HQL? I understand if we are active we are exempt, but I know how big companies are and interpreting things a little too far on the safe side.

The reason I ask is because I completed a commemorative pistol purchase for a large number of pistols and I want to make sure my guys get the best deal possible and dont have to jump through hoops to collect their pistols.

-Thanks!

Also if I am wrong in the assumption that we are exempt please correct me.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I'm pretty sure active military is only exempt from the training portion......Retired military is exempt from having the license at all.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Active AND Retired Military are exempt from the HQL. Honorably discharged from the military exempts you from the training..

This is correct. I always get it confused....Of coarse that was probably the goal of this bill in the first place.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Thank you guys!

Just want to put this out there. I did confirm that Bass Pro is not going to require the HQL for us. We will be on terminal leave and still considered active. I know its a given for most of you but with BGOS you know I had to ask.

I just want that to be known because I know some dealers will probably misunderstand SB281 and ask for the HQL, and Bass Pro is 2A friendly in this regard.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Thank you guys!

Just want to put this out there. I did confirm that Bass Pro is not going to require the HQL for us. We will be on terminal leave and still considered active. I know its a given for most of you but with BGOS you know I had to ask.

I just want that to be known because I know some dealers will probably misunderstand SB281 and ask for the HQL, and Bass Pro is 2A friendly in this regard.

If there was any place that would misunderstand sb281 it's Bass Pro. Considering they require you to have an HQL just to be able to look at a handgun.....

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I can see Bass Pro messing it up, too many people rotating through their staff. I would look for an IP if at all possible to do the paperwork.

Also, don't mention the terminal leave thing. You are either active or not. If you cloud it in any way I can see it going badly at BP quickly.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I can see Bass Pro messing it up, too many people rotating through their staff. I would look for an IP if at all possible to do the paperwork.

Also, don't mention the terminal leave thing. You are either active or not. If you cloud it in any way I can see it going badly at BP quickly.

Thanks for the advice about the terminal I will definitely push that out!

I think knowing now that they are not going to make us do the HQL I am going to stick with them. If it was just me I would go to an IP without hesitation. I have to make sure the group has a central convenient location and I know that most of them would rather Bass Pro.

Can we get Bass Pro to be an IP here? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom