• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I'm sorry, I thought you were purposely trying to confuse the guy who asked the question. My bad.

BTW, I do own a Glock 17 Gen 4 and originally purchased it as New York legal 10rd gun about 8 or 9 months ago. I also have 17 round mags for it. The 34 uses the same magazines and frame as the G17. I'm curious to see what the salesperson was trying to show you.

Nope, I definitely don't try to confuse people.

The salesperson showed me a "Glock 17 Adjusted" (as she called it), and the walls of the grip appeared thicker than normal. No way for me to tell, because I didn't have a camera on me to compare to ones at home.

That's good news that the mags will fit!

-John

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nope, I definitely don't try to confuse people.

The salesperson showed me a "Glock 17 Adjusted" (as she called it), and the walls of the grip appeared thicker than normal. No way for me to tell, because I didn't have a camera on me to compare to ones at home.

That's good news that the mags will fit!

-John

****You might have been shown a Glock 17 Gen 4 with one of the additional backstraps that comes with that gun already installed. It does make the grip thicker but it does not affect the interior dimensions of the magwell. The backstrap system is designed to allow adjustments for people with bigger hands. I don't use the backstraps myself but shoot with plenty of guys who like the newer system.

There are also sleeves you can purchase to improve grip that go around the handle and make the gun thicker as well - this is what many people used to do on Gen 3 and earlier Glocks before the new system came out.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    ****You might have been shown a Glock 17 Gen 4 with one of the additional backstraps that comes with that gun already installed. It does make the grip thicker but it does not affect the interior dimensions of the magwell. The backstrap system is designed to allow adjustments for people with bigger hands. I don't use the backstraps myself but shoot with plenty of guys who like the newer system.

There are also sleeves you can purchase to improve grip that go around the handle and make the gun thicker as well - this is what many people used to do on Gen 3 and earlier Glocks before the new system came out.

Well, it didn't have any sleeves, and I was looking at the sides of the grip, not the back strap, so I must've been hallucinating, and dropped my guard with regards to believing the salesperson.

I apologize for any confusion.

-John

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    Thanks for every ones input! I think I will go with a GSSF assisted purchase.

Thanks again,
    Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom