Catonsville
    STEMMERS RUN "STEEL" BOWLING PIN SHOOT

WHERE: AGC PISTOL RANGE
    MARRIOTTSVILLE, MD
    WHEN: SATURDAY APRIL 7th, 2012
    TIME: 12PM (Noon) TO 4PM
    ENTRY FEE: $5/EACH HANDGUN
    EACH CLASS WINNER: 50/50 SPLIT POT
    NEW THIS YEAR: Stemmers is proud to introduce armor plate steel pins.
    No more worries over the wind blowing down those darn plastic pins.
    As in past shoots, there will be eight handgun classifications, and is a
    great way to test your shooting speed and accuracy, AND BETTER YET
    WIN SOME MONEY!!!.
    DON"T MISS THIS GREAT SHOOTING EVENT!!!

jerielg

Old Guy
    Jan 10, 2010
    Paw Paw, WV
    In the past no hollow points were allowed. Is there any restriction on ammo? I'm really looking forward to this. Stemmers has always run a first class operation.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Way to go Stemmers! Too bad I will be tied up all day with Women On Target and the CMP Vintage Rifle Match.

Maybe I can run over and take a peek!

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    In the past no hollow points were allowed. Is there any restriction on ammo? I'm really looking forward to this. Stemmers has always run a first class operation.

No restrictions on ammo with the new steel pins.

So what are the rules?

It's basically a very laid back competition. Each rounds costs $5, and a round is made up of 5 heats where you try to knock down six "bowling pins" in under 30 seconds. Your times for the 5 heats are averaged to get your time.

You can enter as many different rounds as you want (for $5 each), and even use different firearms for each round if you wanted. There are separate classifications for firearms as well. So you won't have someone shooting a revolver competing with someone shooting a semi-auto.

If shooting a semi-auto you are limited to six rounds per mag, but you can have as many mags as you want.

We've also added a fourth table and extended the time for the shoot by an hour to lesson the waiting time and cycle more shooters through.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Yea, I got to say we were pleased,, we need to make a few adjustments,, and fix some welds,, (my pins held,, but someones brackets didn't):innocent0, but we put 50plus shooters through!!!!!! We had to shut down one of the benches because of bad welds,, but EVERYONE got to shoot, last year we had to turn away shooters because of time restrictions, today we put more shooters through than EVER before. We are urging EVERYONE who attends wear eye protection,, you only get one set of eyes. We only had a couple of pins blow over,, and had some pretty good winds,, blowing directly at the pins. The steel pins are 1000% better than the rubber pins. We always had sever problems with wind, pins sagging, and by the end of the year we had to tape the pins to finish the season. Even edge shots had ZERO deformation, no chips, ect these AR500 pins are bad butt:party29: To answer some of the questions,, there are no ammo restrictions,, we had quite a few .22s, and everything up,, I don't think we had any 50cal,, but 40s, 9mms, 38s, 38special, 45acp and I think 357. We shoot at 25ft,, 5 rounds of 6 pins, 6 rnds per mag, unlimited mags. 30 seconds max. You really need to come out next month and check it out. I had a shooter shoot a 3.09 second round!!!!! As far as I know that is the quickest round shot there. (This was a modified, optics ect pistol)
    Thanks to everyone who came out!!
    Tom

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Huh, .22s knock down the pins okay? I'd actually wondered if 9mm would be competitive with the big boys.

For the most part yes,,, we need to make some adjustments to make it a alittle more consistent,, but they will knock them down. Of course base shots may not,, head shots will every time. As a matter of fact,, the quickest time I know of was a .22. All other calibers,, no problem. The 9mms were doing fine.

Tom

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    9mm worked fine.
    Some of the welds were even no match for it.
    :innocent0

Yea but the bushings on the pins held,,, and those were the difficult ones,, welding mild to the AR500 steel. All the brackets are being rewelded,, the machine used for them was not hot enough,

Tom

CroftonBilly

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    I was the guy wearing the MDS shirt and shooting 22 rimfire all day.
    Holy cow, what a good time that was! Thanks to the club and the volunteers for their time and efforts making the wood stands and welded pin bases. I met some good folks and had a blast! I hope to do this again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom