So...looks like I may be moving back to WV...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    I say back, since technically I was born there and lived there for some time here and there, but this is looking to be more permanent.

I have a couple pistols I am bringing along, anything I need to know or do?

I know once I change my license I can apply for my CHL right?

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    That will be one of my first goals!

Does anyone know if the MD handgun online course meets the WV CHL requirement? It says a gun safety course administered by a police agency, so sounds like it should...

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Congrats!!! Where in WV are you moving to? I've got family from Beckley to Bluefield. I was born in Mullens.

Jim Smith

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    That ain't West Virginia, that's North Virginia. :innocent0

Jim Smith

Not too far from me. My ccw is waiting for me at the sheriff's department. Took about 20 days. They will not accept a dd214 unless it specifically shows some pistol training. They will accept NRA pistol courses. I got by because I am an NRA instructor in that discipline.

One other thing the nonresident Florida is valid until you get your WV license. Then you need a WV ccw
    http://www.wvcdl.org/WVCCW.php

Last edited:

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    My wife's family is from right outside Elkins. Her dad owns Job Knob and all her kinfolk live at the bottom of the mountain. Nice area but jobs are kinda hard to come by in that area so keep that in mind.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    I'm in the Elkins area a few times a year. I have family in Beverly. I wouldn't mind moving there myself. Moving in town?

If it comes thru, then yes.

And yeah I know jobs are kind of scarce. My wife can keep hers at least, she works from home.

And as far as Job goes, my dad was from Whitmer. Still have lots of family out that way too!

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    If it comes thru, then yes.

And yeah I know jobs are kind of scarce. My wife can keep hers at least, she works from home.

And as far as Job goes, my dad was from Whitmer. Still have lots of family out that way too!

Best of luck to you! Moving to America.:thumbsup:

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    Looks like Elkins for now.

I'm through Elkins all the time... Will be there tomorrow in fact, hit me up!

As for your CHL, it has to have a live fire. Your easiest bet is to find an NRA Basic Pistol course.

Not too far from me. My ccw is waiting for me at the sheriff's department. Took about 20 days. They will not accept a dd214 unless it specifically shows some pistol training. They will accept NRA pistol courses. I got by because I am an NRA instructor in that discipline.

One other thing the nonresident Florida is valid until you get your WV license. Then you need a WV ccw
    http://www.wvcdl.org/WVCCW.php

What in God's name brought you to Barbour County? :D I'm through there every week to two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom