• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Another successful build for my old lady... This lower is a lot better than my previous build (new batch), finish and issues have eliminated ( didnt see anymore holes in the magwell and fire control )
    A little video of me finishing it with my trusted $90 mill drill set up...

Some pix...

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Another successful build for my old lady... This lower is a lot better than my previous build (new batch), finish and issues have eliminated ( didnt see anymore holes in the magwell and fire control )

Want to let a nice young man finish two EP lowers :innocent0:D

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD

What is that metal plate/guide thing and where do you get it?

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County

Awesome work

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I am selling this set up for $100. end mill and drill bits included. my last build so letting it go for you guys to finish yours if you want... This will finish your e p lower in less than 40 min...:party29:

Wish I could, but I just don't have space for a drill press right now :sad20:

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Are there any kind of instructions for finishing these things? I can't seem to find anything on EP's website.
    no need for instruction. just trim the insert with depth of 1 1/4 of an inch deep. 3/8 bit for the selector and 5/32 for the pins. check youtube, tons of info and how to videos...:thumbsup:

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    no need for instruction. just trim the insert with depth of 1 1/4 of an inch deep. 3/8 bit for the selector and 5/32 for the pins. check youtube, tons of info and how to videos...:thumbsup:
    Trim the black insert 1.25" everywhere? Going 1.25" from the top edge of the lower looks like about 1/16" from the bottom. That can't be right, can it? That would be dangerously close to holing the trigger well. Does the nub in the trigger hole just fall out?

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Trim the black insert 1.25" everywhere? Going 1.25" from the top edge of the lower looks like about 1/16" from the bottom. That can't be right, can it? That would be dangerously close to holing the trigger well. Does the nub in the trigger hole just fall out?
    1/8 of an inch is thick enough just by being the floor plate for the trigger spring. i am more be very careful on the sides as it carries a lot of pressure from the hammer spring and trigger action...:cool: what i did on mine is i leave a snug tight tolerance in the pocket compare to drop in tolerance where usually in forge aluminum lowers. yup, you can punch the nub out...;)

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    Yeah ive watched a bunch of them over the past few days as long as I have the right sized bits ill be ok my friend has drills and dremmels I can use

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom