• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    North of the MD border...
    So i am looking for a CCW pistol to purchase because the sig p250 that i currently have is far to thick and bulky for me to carry comfortably, and actually feel like its concealed. I ahve been researching 3 pistols thus far based on suggestions and some research. And there is already a post please just point me in the right direction.

I have a few criteria i am looking for. One, i am staying with 9mm cause i have tons of ammo already and for a CCW gun want to get as proficient as possible, which means shooting a lot of ammo, and that i have. Second, i want something i can carry on my ankle or IWB. Third is price, I'd like to keep it under $450.

That being said so far i have been looking at the Taurus model 111, kel-tec pf-9, and the new ruger lcp9. So far the ruger is the one that i am leaning towards most. It felt the best in my hand, and when talking to a few people i got some reviews of then taurus and kel-tec that we just enough to throw me off.

I'm open to other suggestions as well, but thought i could get a lot of good feed back from some people a little more experienced than me.

Thanks in advance

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Some are a little more than $450, but can be had less than $500. (Via the web, so you'll need to add shipping and other costs) Just giving a few more options.

Baby Eagle Compact
    Beretta Px4 Sub-Compact
    Bersa Thunder Pro 9 UC
    CZ Rami
    CZ P-07
    FN FNP-9

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I'm not a big fan of double-stack anything for CCW. One of the truly compact, single stack 9mms would work, like the Ruger LC9 or the Keltec are light enough and thin enough for CCW but still pack the punch of the 9mm.

Jim

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Can i ask why? And do you have alternative suggestions?
    I meant skip the Taurus and go with the LC9 or the PF9. Taurus semi autos have a shoddy track record while the others mentioned here are very affordable.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actually the P250 is a very apropreatly sized gun. Concealment is about dressing around the gun.

I like the KelTec. Yes you will hear complaints about KelTecs. But it is inherently sound design and well made gun, but factory has tendency to skimp on final polishing to knock a cpl $ off already low price . If it works fine , your great. If not some minor polishing either under warrenty, by yourself , or reasonably from 'smiths who specialize in it is still cheap compared to a Kahr. I prefer a P12 . Still quite small , and option to use 12rd S&W mags .

Lykaios

The Plastic Fantastic
    Mar 4, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    PF-9, but my experience is limited period, let alone with subs and smaller.

I have said it before, HATE the California-friendly safety add-ons on the Ruger.

DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    North of the MD border...
    I like the way you think about this topic (to the OP).

LC9 (you first said LCP9, no such gun, but we know what you meant and that you mixed up the LCP).

Also concider CW9 by Kahr.
    <------rookie

It figures i "fat fingered" the key board and ended up combining two of rugers pistols by mistake. Thanks for the kahr suggestion i will check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom