• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    Anyone want to become a MD designated Collector? If so I can bring my Notary and the required forms and hook you up on the spot, no charge.

Send me an email - if I get 3+ people interested, I'll bring the stuff I need. I may go to get some ammo cans anyway and usually carry the Notary and forms in my truck.

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    yeah I love when you guys do this. Its great to get more usage of our gun collecting and show the state what we like etc.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    Maryland_Shooter, which show?

I think I posted it for the one at the Fairgrounds; however it's a standing offer.

If there is a show, I'll bring the stuff you need - maybe even an addressed envelope with a stamp (for $1) as long as I have 3+ people who want the Designated Collector status.

Alternatively, I can meet anyone needing this when/where it works for both of us. It will have to be close to me - or at my home, as I can't drive 30 miles to render a free service.

Bottom line: you can do this yourself easily, but I am more than happy to be a one-stop shop for convenience.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    Can I be the newbie and ask,what are the requirements and benefits of becoming a designated collector?

As I understand it, it waives the 1 regulated firearm per 30 days rule and allows you to transport your collection for viewing (ie..besides to and from the range). You still have to wait 7 days to pick up your regulated firearm from the time of purchase.

The requirements are filling out a MDSP form, getting the form notarized, mailing the form, and also you need to have already made at least one purchase of a regulated firearm. There are some threads on here about people who had their application denied because they hadn't yet purchased a regulated firearm in MD.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    As I understand it, it waives the 1 regulated firearm per 30 days rule and allows you to transport your collection for viewing (ie..besides to and from the range). You still have to wait 7 days to pick up your regulated firearm from the time of purchase.

The requirements are filling out a MDSP form, getting the form notarized, mailing the form, and also you need to have already made at least one purchase of a regulated firearm. There are some threads on here about people who had their application denied because they hadn't yet purchased a regulated firearm in MD.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Never heard that. Is it on the form itself? Or is it buried in fine print somewhere?

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    I remember reading that somewhere, but it may have been the same place I read "good and substantial reason"!

No idea on that one. Maybe call the place that receives the DC paperwork and ask them.

I have no idea why that would be.

Suppose I bought a shotgun and then wanted to buy a pair of hunting rifles 15 days later.

None are "regulated" but I'd need a DC to buy the 2 at one time.

There are 2 exceptions:

Dealer makes you a 2-fer special
    Estate sales

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom