• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    I'm looking to have my main drain line replaced, the old terra cotta has had it. I estimate the distance to be about 20 feet if that. Roto-Rooter wants far too much IMO so I'm trying to find a less expensive route.

Job is in the 21227 zip.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    have to ask what you consider "far to much"?

That being said,

Contact Tye 443-758-3105, he does line replacements. Tell him Alex with ZBA sent you.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I would look into pipe lining.

lining 4" terracotta? It will probably be cracked and clogged and you'd have to get it really well cleaned and a pipe snake would only mess the pipe up more if not break it before you could line it.

Have it replaced from the house to the street. Put in 2 cleanouts (1 at the house, 1 close to the street). Baltimore county and City will come free of charge and snake your line out side your residence if you have an exterior cleanout up to 2 times a year.

Yes it makes a mess replacing and expensive. But it solve problem for the next 20 years +.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    lining 4" terracotta? It will probably be cracked and clogged and you'd have to get it really well cleaned and a pipe snake would only mess the pipe up more if not break it before you could line it.

Have it replaced from the house to the street. Put in 2 cleanouts (1 at the house, 1 close to the street). Baltimore county and City will come free of charge and snake your line out side your residence if you have an exterior cleanout up to 2 times a year.

Yes it makes a mess replacing and expensive. But it solve problem for the next 20 years +.

AGREED...Digging is the way to go in this case

FYI: I've lined everything from 6" to 60" with CIPP stuff and up to 120" with other CIP Technologies...this is a Dig job...

Dec 31, 2012
    My father and I replaced a main line by hand. Never again. Hire someone with the right equipment and enjoy your toilet for the next few decades.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    I don't think the guy I used ("Consantly Running Plumbing") goes as far north as your area. Wanted 4700 for 45' line from the house to the sewer including two clean outs and backhoe rental (since digging down 18' is ridiculous). Offered 3500 cash and we settled at 4k. If you can pay in cash, do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom