• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CallMeIshmael

New Shooter
    Dec 25, 2010
    HoCo
    Well got the letter dated end of feb that i am now a designated collector. yay

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I got an email from Cpl. Cussimano saying : "Your application was Not Disapproved, you may begin to purchase as a collector. Letters will be mailed as soon as time allows. "

The letter came the next day. So I guess you don't need the letter if you have been :not dis-approved".

I guess that the "not dis-approved" is referenced by the FFL when they call in the paperwork to the MSP?.....

PS- Took 2 months to the day... Mailed Jan. 8th.....

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    The collector status will come in handy, I have done a few transfers in one month before, but just the other day i went to transfer two Saiga's and a Walther P1 at the same time, The first question out of the officers mouth after me saying i wanted to transfer three was him asking me if i was a designated collector.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Yeah I got the same email about being not-dissaproved but still havn't got the letter yet, I hope it doesnt take 3 months.

According to Cussimano, you don't need the physical letter--- you have it on record in the MSP computer, which is checked when you buy( complete paperwork) the guns.... But I hear you:thumbsup:, it feels better with the letter in hand!

ebxgsxr

Apr 3, 2011
    near BWI
    this may be a dead subject, but just to update. i emailed Cpl. Cusimano today & was advised that applications are processed about 1 month behind. the cpl. is the only one that handles the applications. when i asked if i could fax it, the response was either email it or send it regular mail.

doc64

C&R Collector
    Sep 29, 2010
    Raspeburg MD
    this may be a dead subject, but just to update. i emailed Cpl. Cusimano today & was advised that applications are processed about 1 month behind. the cpl. is the only one that handles the applications. when i asked if i could fax it, the response was either email it or send it regular mail.

just got email from the cpl.
    he said if i mailed it to them in april, it would be processed in may.
    that i should email him again on the the 1st or 2nd week in may.

what happen to the "process it in 14 days from recieving it" part of the law?

JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    Designated collector status forms

Ok where does one get said form for the MD designated collector?
    JW

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Emailed the Cpl. with a copy of my new C&R license and he replied the next day saying I was Not Disapproved and can begin purchasing as a collector. He will mail the letter as soon as time allows.

Good man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom