SB100? Any update? Did it make it out of committee?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I had a delegate who co-sponsored SB281. In some sort of gerrymandering I lost her and got Vallario...you know, the guy who has a desk full of bills.

Candidates in my neck of the woods go unchallenged year after year. It's hard to unseat people when there's no one to take their place. :tdown:

Then we, as a community, need to start looking for people to run against them. It doesn't matter if they have an R or a D behind their name, but we need to at least get the other side to start spending their money.

On another note, we need to start (today, this week, this month, this year) calling the large donors of these folks and whispering in their ear in large numbers that we will not be giving them our business because they donated to a legislator that supported X or doesn't support Y.

We need to stop waiting until the year before or the year of the election and make the is a full time, four year mission.

Pick a number of Delegates to target for donations, and go after the donors. Follow the money and cut the money off and see what happens. Follow the money and make the money uncomfortable and the money starts bitching at the delegates as well.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Then we, as a community, need to start looking for people to run against them. It doesn't matter if they have an R or a D behind their name, but we need to at least get the other side to start spending their money.

On another note, we need to start (today, this week, this month, this year) calling the large donors of these folks and whispering in their ear in large numbers that we will not be giving them our business because they donated to a legislator that supported X or doesn't support Y.

We need to stop waiting until the year before or the year of the election and make the is a full time, four year mission.

Pick a number of Delegates to target for donations, and go after the donors. Follow the money and cut the money off and see what happens. Follow the money and make the money uncomfortable and the money starts bitching at the delegates as well.

County teams so we can bring the fight home.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    You need to reread my post before you go highlighting it.
    I cannot vote out somebody who is not in my district! Those assholes could give two shits less what anybody from western Maryland, southern Maryland or the eastern shore think.
    From what your location is showing, Bowie, it seems that you might have a few of the problems in your district, how'd the last election go for you, did you get them voted out of office??. A little harder than you think isn't it' and you've got the power to get the dead beats out of there, let me know when you get them out of your area, don't worry I won't hold my breath.

You can't fight what you have no control over. Through successful decades of Gerrymandering the liberals control all 24 counties by control of only 4 counties. I'M NOT REPRESENTED AT ALL. As someone previously stated, MY representatives VOTE THE WAY I WANT, BUT, they are 100% IMPOTENT and CANNOT get anything done because they just don't matter. A Republican in Maryland is worthless. 4 BLUE counties RUN EVERYTHING in Maryland. How do you fight that? I'M NOT REPRESENTED AT ALL! My vote is almost like a flush down the toilet in the state of Maryland.

Moving to a place with like-minded individuals where I actually AM REPRESENTED and my vote MATTERS isn't cowardice, it's LIVING and not being miserable stuck in a horrible state that is nothing like you. I LOVE MARYLAND! BUT I HATE THE ONE SIDED POLITICS. And unfortunately I in no way see it ever changing. But while I'm still here I will continue to do what i can to fight.

Scarab

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Despite Zirkin and his new found drawer fetish, I am still more optimistic long term. Besides beating ourselves up here is getting a little tiresome. I am in East Baltimore County - all of my reps are Repubs. That may sound surprising but its absolutely true. DC-W is further South than me, but also in the County, and they cleaned the Dems clocks down there and put on several Repubs in office. Nevertheless, I wrote, appeared, submitted testimony, follow up emailed, and telephoned on HB36 and HB521 last year, and on SB100 this year, and I will do the same next year with the next bill(s).

I agree actual successes before the Legislature have been tough to come by, but I think they will come as the tide slowly turns and we can get more 2A friendly folks in the Legislature. So we don't have the numbers yet, but we are making progress. Giving up isn't an option, so while frustration does take its toll, the fight isn't over.

Last edited:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Despite Zirkin and his new found drawer fetish, I am still more optimistic long term. Besides beating ourselves up here is getting a little tiresome. I am in East Baltimore County - all of my reps are Repubs. That may sound surprising but its absolutely true. DC-W is further South than me, but also in the County, and they cleaned the Dems clocks down there and put on several Repubs in office. Nevertheless, I wrote, appeared, submitted testimony, follow up emailed, and telephoned on HB36 and HB521 last year, and on SB100 this year, and I will do the same next year with the next bill(s).

I agree actual successes before the Legislature have been tough to come by, but I think they will come as the tide slowly turns and we can get more 2A friendly folks in the Legislature. So we don't have the numbers yet, be we are making progress. Giving up isn't an option, so while frustration does take its toll, the fight isn't over.

Every Dem in my district was replaced with a Rep. Every. Single. One.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    If we were gay, we'd be out protesting 8hrs/day and have the ability to muster thousands.

The fact is, MD (neither populace nor population) just doesn't care about this - or white men with jobs. The only option is to make a perpetual stink (which doesn't work bc we have jobs and are contributing members of society) or civil disobedience (again, a problem because we have responsibilities). Mass civil disobedience might work (they can't arrest us all) but I doubt any of us will commit to such an endeavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If we were gay, we'd be out protesting 8hrs/day and have the ability to muster thousands.

The fact is, MD (neither populace nor population) just doesn't care about this - or white men with jobs. The only option is to make a perpetual stink (which doesn't work bc we have jobs and are contributing members of society) or civil disobedience (again, a problem because we have responsibilities). Mass civil disobedience might work (they can't arrest us all) but I doubt any of us will commit to such an endeavor.

I'm allergic to prison and have two kids in Elementary school. Don't think though I have not often wondered why there are not enough people go this route. Then it dawns on me, because there are not enough people that care that deeply. The bigger factor, all that would participate risk never being able to own a firearm again. Most civil disobedience campaigns you may get arrested , convicted and a record. This one though , you lose your right. Look what happened to the Kokesh with only a video of a shotgun in DC.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I'm allergic to prison and have two kids in Elementary school. Don't think though I have not often wondered why there are not enough people go this route. Then it dawns on me, because there are not enough people that care that deeply. The bigger factor, all that would participate risk never being able to own a firearm again. Most civil disobedience campaigns you may get arrested , convicted and a record. This one though , you lose your right. Look what happened to the Kokesh with only a video of a shotgun in DC.

Yes, a conundrum for sure. Gays don't risk losing their sexual orientation even if arrested, many don't have kids and, of course, their partners are presumably supportive.

It's a nonstarter for sure, however I'm always shocked at how quickly and how many people rush to support LGBT causes. And regarding arrest, to my knowledge, few if any looters/rioters were arrested in Ferguson.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Register DINO and get more conservative Dems nominated in the primaries. Also it makes gerrymandering more difficult because the Dems they are putting in one district may really be DINO's that won't vote the way they want. It may say Democrat next to your name but you can still vote Republican when it counts.

When you write your legislators and say I'm a Democrat they listen, if you are a Republican they throw it in the trash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom