• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yessss, yeeeesssssss, come to the dark side.

I will follow my Sith Lord's advice. :bowdown:

4474065261_4f95455a3d_z.jpg

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Every Pmag I have ever damaged magpul has replaced.

Would you consider these for long term use as "combat" magazines? Or just range magazines? I haven't followed polymer only magazines since Tapco, but at that time they weren't considered acceptable "combat" magazines. Although I guess PMAGS are considered to be top quality combat magazines, so maybe the general consensus has changed?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Would you consider these for long term use as "combat" magazines? Or just range magazines? I haven't followed polymer only magazines since Tapco, but at that time they weren't considered acceptable "combat" magazines. Although I guess PMAGS are considered to be top quality combat magazines, so maybe the general consensus has changed?

I would assume magpul would do thorough testing, but I haven't handled one or fired with one so it would be unprofessional to say they are good, bad or indifferent. I'm very interested in these though because glocks mags have failed on me, especiay at the magazine catch (wear).

All I own for AR's in 5.56 that are not drums or surefire are pmags. I trust them very much. I'll take it further and say that I wouldn't trust an AR as much without the magazine improvements in the past decade the magazine was always the weak point of the AR and mags like the Pmag changed my perception of the finnicky AR magazine. I improve my pmags with cs flat wire springs to make the feed rate more consistent. Magpul doesn't use CS springs for or rosin reasons though. If a CS spring corrode it looses it's surface it degrades rapidly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom