Wolf Gold .223/5.56 55gr FMJ $289.44/1000rds+Free Shipping!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I just ordered 1,000 rounds myself on Wednesday. I don't have a shipping notice yet but will post up when I get it, 3 days would be sweet.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    I ordered mine Tuesday, got an email yesterday (at 1630, when the phone line is only open till 1600) saying they didn't like my card. I called my bank, who approved the transaction then called them. someone picked up the phone, said he'd fix it and that I should call shipping today to verify.

called this morning and everything was straightened out and he said it'd be shipping out today.

he then proceeded to ask if things by me are calming down, and how far from Baltimore I am.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Remember this day boys, it won't be too long well be talking about getting brass cased 223 for .29cpr as some kind of distant fairytale memory

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I have a 5.56 NATO Sig Sauer rifle that the manufacturer tells me should be used to fire 62 grain ammo. Would I be doing any harm using the Wolf 223 55 grain ammo to sight my red dot sight? I recently bought some 5.56 NATO 62 grain ammo at Cabela's for 46 cents a round, so this deal is quite a bit better if it will help me calibrate my red dot sight. Thanks for your help.

Cal68

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I have a 5.56 NATO Sig Sauer rifle that the manufacturer tells me should be used to fire 62 grain ammo. Would I be doing any harm using the Wolf 223 55 grain ammo to sight my red dot sight? I recently bought some 5.56 NATO 62 grain ammo at Cabela's for 46 cents a round, so this deal is quite a bit better if it will help me calibrate my red dot sight. Thanks for your help.

Cal68

You can shoot .223/55 grain ammo in rifles marked .223/5.56, but it will probably have a different point of impact than a 62 grain projectile. Different weight bullets in the same caliber require different rifling twist rates to stabilize the bullet. The heavier the bullet the faster the twist. Typically a 1/12 twist will stabilize 55 grain but not a 62 grain bullet but a 1/7 will stabilize both.

Long story short 55 grn will have a different point of impact than 62 grn, but you can shoot it in your rifle

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    You can shoot .223/55 grain ammo in rifles marked .223/5.56, but it will probably have a different point of impact than a 62 grain projectile. Different weight bullets in the same caliber require different rifling twist rates to stabilize the bullet. The heavier the bullet the faster the twist. Typically a 1/12 twist will stabilize 55 grain but not a 62 grain bullet but a 1/7 will stabilize both.

Long story short 55 grn will have a different point of impact than 62 grn, but you can shoot it in your rifle

Thanks for your quick response. Your comment makes perfect sense to me.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom