• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    He has until Feb 22 to make all of his appointments.

Link to 2015 Legislative Calendar: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/Pubs-current/current-session-dates.pdf

Green Bag Appointments
    Article II, Section 13 of the Maryland Constitution requires the Governor to submit nominations of civil officers (“Green Bag” appointments) to the Senate “within forty days” from the beginning of each regular session.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Green Bag Appointments
    Article II, Section 13 of the Maryland Constitution requires the Governor to submit nominations of civil officers (“Green Bag” appointments) to the Senate “within forty days” from the beginning of each regular session.

Therein lies the issue...

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It is for us, not him.

Remember he was elected to fix the financial mess, not the 2A violations.
    Tell that to the confused and deluded people on the board who think that Hogan got elected because the 2A community rose up and made it happen.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    He doesn't have to change anything and I realize this board certainly wont understand it but there is more to the MSP leader then their views on 2A's.

You are also assuming that if Governor Hogan told Mr. Brown that G&S is good enough he wouldn't change it.

I believe Governor Hogan is going to let it play out in courts first and wouldn't expect any serious changes anytime soon. He's probably been advised on the matter by a few people smarter then the average MDshooter poster.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I believe Governor Hogan is going to let it play out in courts first and wouldn't expect any serious changes anytime soon. He's probably been advised on the matter by a few people smarter then the average MDshooter poster.

Seriously, that's the chicken sh1t way out.

If there is an ambiguity in the law, and the executive attempts to place a definition with the law. The courts will give deference to the executive precedent.

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/796961?sid=21105588783203&uid=4&uid=3739256&uid=3739704&uid=2

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    ..can we at least take up a collection and get them a reach around?

only if we can get something back on "good and substantial"... hmmm... there might be some double entendre there...:innocent0

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As far as playing out i the courts, as far as MD is concerned, it has. When the 4CA overturned Woolard, and SCOTUS denied CERT, it was over. Now maybe he's watching other circuits and whether SCOTUS grants cert to another Circuit challenge. That's certainly a possibility.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    As far as playing out i the courts, as far as MD is concerned, it has. When the 4CA overturned Woolard, and SCOTUS denied CERT, it was over. Now maybe he's watching other circuits and whether SCOTUS grants cert to another Circuit challenge. That's certainly a possibility.

There is a suit now challenging FSA 2013 isn't there?

While that doesn't answer G&S there really isn't much of a reason for Hogan to go wild for gun right advocates his first year in office. The same folks complaining now won't bother to show up and vote in 4 years.

Politics.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I agree Hogan should take his time and address the fiscal issues first.But Kolbe vs O'Malley has nothing to do with permits and the right to carry. The 4CA decided that for us, although not in a way we agree with.

No matter who wins Kolbe, it will have no effect on G&S and the MSP Superintendent that I can see.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I see this as good news. The last thing he needs to do is put a pro 2A in charge of the MSP at this time. I look for him to make the announcement later, after all of the libs stop eyeballing everything he is doing.

I know, that may never happen, but I think the longer this goes, the better it will be for us.

Jim Smith

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep, the media will instantly try to make the connection and yell blood in the streets.

Stealth and patience may be our ally here

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    It would only take a private meeting with the msp head to say it's time to give more leeway to G&S in wear and carry applications. No need to change a law just reasonable reasons like for self defense IMHO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom