• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I'm worried the 327 fed won't be around long. Doesn't seem like it's picked up any steam. It's fizzled out from the start from what I've observed

Im hoping for a lever gun to be made. I think that would revive the market. its a government issued round. Its going to be around for a while.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I love my 3" in .38 Spl
    SP5a_zpsbf3489c1.jpg

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I tried to warn you, but I give you kudos for trying to find what she thought she wanted! Seriously, I hope you find it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Ruger discontinued the SP101 in .327 mag

I had a lot of hope for the round when it hit the market and really wanted it to succeed. I'm afraid that with it dropped from the SP-101, it's done. It will hang on like .45GAP, but never more than a niche.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I had a lot of hope for the round when it hit the market and really wanted it to succeed. I'm afraid that with it dropped from the SP-101, it's done.

I just received an email that they're relaunching this gun. I wonder what changed.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I had a lot of hope for the round when it hit the market and really wanted it to succeed. I'm afraid that with it dropped from the SP-101, it's done. It will hang on like .45GAP, but never more than a niche.

You can still shoot .32 Magnum and .32 Long and Short out of it, so it's not like it's going to be a paperweight due to lack of ammunition.

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    I've got one of the .327 Fed Magnum SP-101's. Had to get is sent in from a shop in America...I mean Idaho. Shoots any .32 revolver round. Except for the .327, recoil is minimal at best. Even with the .327, it feels less than a .38, especially in a smaller frame. I'd like to see this round survive.

edit:
    just checked Ruger's site...listed there again as noted above. Maybe they'll reinvent the GP-100 in .327 as well.

59f100292

May 20, 2012
    It seems I lost track of my own thread somehow. I did finally find one locally, at On Target. If i remember right, the price was $647 for the 4.3" SP-101. I also took some advice from this thread and went back to Gunbroker/google. I found that at gunbroker pricing, plus a local FFL, (not a store) I could save a bit of money. I used Joe Buck (http://www.buckguns.com/) in sykesville (I recommend him to anyone in the area), and after shipping I believe my exact total cost came to 605$. It saved me ~$50 total i'd guess not buying from On Target, but I felt a bit guilty not supporting a local store owner; so the first time we shot the gun, we went to On Target and rented the range, bought a box of 38, targets, 38+P Hollow points for her to take home, and a box of 45 HP I had been saying I would grab for a year now. (this is MD, not much point in buying HPs if you cant carry. Doesn't make a lot of sense since my 1911 stays locked at home, but I keep the mag loaded with HPs out of principle now anyhow.)

Where is this round issued?

Ruger discontinued the SP101 in .327 mag

Saw two at On Target today. Not sure if they were 3" or 4" tho.

I love my 3" in .38 Spl
    SP5a_zpsbf3489c1.jpg
    Went with the 4" for the adjustable sights. As far as I'm concerned, there's two types of handguns, those to be shot and those to be carried. again, this is MD so this one will be shot. Wanted her to be happy hitting what she aimed at as often as possible.

I just received an email that they're relaunching this gun. I wonder what changed.
    Saw that too. Seems like an interesting idea, +1 capacity

Saw several, both new and used, at the Oaks show yesterday.
    I planned on going but didn't make it up. did you happen to notice if the had reloading powder? I'm on an eternal search for Bullseye, Clays, and Unique.

Thanks for everyones help over hte last few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom