• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Every summer I buy another suppressor. Last year, I got my first rifle can (762-sdn-6). It generally sits on my .300 BLK SBR. I just ordered the last parts I need for my 5.56 SBR, and of course I want to suppress it. Question is, do I go for a dedicated 5.56 can, or do I get another .30 caliber can and use it on the 5.56? It seems that a .30 cal can does a very nice job of suppressing 5.56. Am I wrong in my thinking?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Have you thought about getting something like a MINI4? No 556 can is going to suppress appreciably better than an SDN6, but you can save some weight.....

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Since you've already got the SDN6, sticking with AAC makes sense to keep using the same 51T mounts. You're welcome to try out my M4-2000 and Mini4 on your hosts.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You will experience more gas related issues with a 5.56 firing a 5.56 compared to a 5.56 through a 7.62.

Issues can range from gas to the face to pressure alspikes and reliability.

If you go 5.56 get the lightest suppressor you can, it's the only advantage I see in considering a 5.56 over a 7.62.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think I may just get another .30 cal can. It is more versatile. All the parts for my 5.56 SBR should be in by next week. I'll have to get it out and shoot it. Ultimately, my goal is to have a dedicated suppressor for every AR.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I think I may just get another .30 cal can. It is more versatile. All the parts for my 5.56 SBR should be in by next week. I'll have to get it out and shoot it. Ultimately, my goal is to have a dedicated suppressor for every AR.

This will be my first attempt at suppressing an AR. I went with the 30 cal (specwar) to also eventually use on my non existent bolt gun. Have you used your AAC on any of your AR's yet? How is the blowback?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This will be my first attempt at suppressing an AR. I went with the 30 cal (specwar) to also eventually use on my non existent bolt gun. Have you used your AAC on any of your AR's yet? How is the blowback?

Used it on a .300 BLK with supersonic ammo. No problems at all with gas.

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    I'm using an sdn762 on my 10.3" 5.56 ar. Worked extremely well Friday night at freestate. I've never had a 5.56 can on it though so I can't really compare

Quick clip

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom