• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • b_palmer22

Dec 5, 2014
    Hey guys, First post! I'm getting ready to submit my CCW for maryland and i've got a few questions I hope this is a proper venue sorry ahead of time for the wall of text. A little background first. I just ETS'd out of the Army in July of this year. I'm still a florida resident living in maryland, and plan to keep it that way because I'm a full time student and can claim an exemption on the 60 day rule.

I'm working locally and my employer is going to sponsor my ccw on the basis that I carry cash for deposit. They're going to supply me with copies of the traders licence, and deposit slips. They've asked me to write the letter. What all should I include in the letter other than the basic" I'm requesting this ccw for B_palmer22. Because he carries large amounts of cash for deposit" How do I avoid MSP giving me for lack of a better word provisional CCW that only allows me to carry to and from work and at work?

Thanks again for all your time guys!

Last edited:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    The first thing I would recommend is that you remove the "LARGE" amounts of cash and simply state that you transport funds for the business. The MSP could care less whether they are large or small.

If you say that you transport them for deposits then that is what you will be restricted to. I can not tell you what to say exactly because these boards are monitored by them and anyone on this board filling your application out for you, which is essentially what you are asking for, would most likely be considered fraudulent. you need to give them a reason to not restrict your permit based on what you do for your company.

I would also recommend you edit your post as your criminal background or the circumstances surrounding your charges are of no concern to this forum nor the public and should only be discussed with your investigating officer if you get the interview.

b_palmer22

Dec 5, 2014
    The first thing I would recommend is that you remove the "LARGE" amounts of cash and simply state that you transport funds for the business. The MSP could care less whether they are large or small.

If you say that you transport them for deposits then that is what you will be restricted to. I can not tell you what to say exactly because these boards are monitored by them and anyone on this board filling your application out for you, which is essentially what you are asking for, would most likely be considered fraudulent. you need to give them a reason to not restrict your permit based on what you do for your company.

I would also recommend you edit your post as your criminal background or the circumstances surrounding your charges are of no concern to this forum nor the public and should only be discussed with your investigating officer if you get the interview.

Done and done. Thanks.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Has anyone applied recently (past 4-6 months)? What's the wait time now before they start calling references and doing interviews?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Has anyone applied recently (past 4-6 months)? What's the wait time now before they start calling references and doing interviews?

Had my face to face today, which was roughly 3-4 weeks from app. Trooper said he would be calling my references and it should be about 90 days until decision.

FederalFF

Dec 5, 2014
    How many people have gotten a CC without a G&S? I am just curious because I keep seeing this training class offered by a local group, and I feel that it is just a money making scheme.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I just overheard Curtis at worth a shot tell some customer that the magic numbers for "deposits" for business purposes is $3k in cash once a month for at least six months, "But they won't tell you that".
    I'm like wtf?

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Not true. I personally know someone who was awarded a permit with nothing more than a letter from their bank and a few months worth of random invoices from the company. No deposit slips were required.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not true. I personally know someone who was awarded a permit with nothing more than a letter from their bank and a few months worth of random invoices from the company. No deposit slips were required.
    Yeah. I'm just wondering why someone would even say that.

bsavoy

Dec 15, 2014
    Freeland, MD
    I second that. My FFL told me 3 random statements showing at least 1 cash deposit per.

Update...my bad. On the MSP website, it says 6 deposits.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah. I'm just wondering why someone would even say that.

Someone simply regurgitating bad information. During the course of completing and submitting my application I learned that a lot of things that are being disseminated are not accurate.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Just got word that all my references were called today. Each made contact with the trooper. We will see how long for a decision. To this point, the process and the trooper involved has been smooth and pleasant.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Just got word that all my references were called today. Each made contact with the trooper. We will see how long for a decision. To this point, the process and the trooper involved has been smooth and pleasant.
    Good luck with it Tim. If they are contacting your references I hope that's a good sign. They could have just denied you by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom