• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    The problem is the two charges that are on the stet docket. While it is true they are not convictions, in MSP's eyes they are still pending charges. Therefore any application for a regulated firearm will be put on hold by MSP. Either three years have to elapse from the date of the stet whereupon you can get them expunged with your PBJ or you have to get the two charges that are on the stet docket dismissed. Contact your lawyer (I hope you didn’t have a public defender) to see if he can approach the ASA after the one year mark and get them dismissed.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    The problem is the two charges that are on the stet docket. While it is true they are not convictions, in MSP's eyes they are still pending charges. Therefore any application for a regulated firearm will be put on hold by MSP. Either three years have to elapse from the date of the stet whereupon you can get them expunged with your PBJ or you have to get the two charges that are on the stet docket dismissed. Contact your lawyer (I hope you didn’t have a public defender) to see if he can approach the ASA after the one year mark and get them dismissed.

Question: Can a "good cause" hearing be done alone? (to get a pbj expunged before the 3 years)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Jesus dude, chill out. Sometimes people aren't perfect, so coming down on them like you are, really isn't needed. If all you want is a cheap laugh, you'll be gone soon enough. Have a nice day.

Sometimes cell phones are a pia. Sometimes auto complete helps you make an ass of yourself. Sometimes no help is needed.

Lucky for me I like being made fun off. Others not so much.

To the op. I hope you learned that drinking to the point of memory lapse is not a good idea. Guns and drinking do no mix.

Give yourself some time to think about that, before worrying about owning a gun. PLEASE. If you have learned from this then you will the wisdom in what I say. Consider what could have happened. Consider if you had been armed.
    I do think you have learned so please show that you have..

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    Yea ive read the book, but I wanted to know can a good cause hearing be handled alone or is it something a attorney should handle.

What constitutes "good cause"?

If you can't answer this question, then you need an attorney to represent you. It doesn't matter what YOU deem "good cause", it matters what the court will accept as "good cause", and unless you know that for a fact you have "good cause" that the court will have to acknowledge, I'd talk to someone whose job it is to know. :P

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Honestly it depends how important it is to you vs. the money. If you go there without an attorney on a good cause hearing the worst the judge can do is say no, come back after three years. I’m biased but I believe your best chances on a good cause hearing would be with a local attorney. The prosecutor will be there at any hearing whether or not you have an attorney and will either tell the judge they support or oppose your request. An attorney can talk to the prosecutor ahead of time and maybe get them to not oppose your request which will greatly increase the chances of it being granted. Also the attorney will be able to tailor the argument to the judges definition of good casue.
    However you can't get it under any circumstances while 2/3 of the charges are technically still pending.
    A good lawyer knows the law. A great lawyer knows the law AND the judge.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Oh and since nobody seems to have mentioned it... good luck getting that Glock back from evidence control, especially if it takes you 3 years to get everything squared away.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    People say to me, even on this board: Dream, you are a hard butt party poop. Spelling does not matter. It is only the idea that one is attempting to convey on the Internet that matters. So take your snotty opinion that people should write the English language correctly and shove it where the sun does not shine.

When they say this to me in the future, I shall quote this post and sit back with satisfaction.

Hint: You just admitted you owned a guy before. Unless you are a 200 year old vampire, you might be in trouble.

P.S. Your orthography makes me doubt the fundamental wisdom of your aspiration to own firearms...again. Does Bass Pro sell "Hooked on Phonics"? Long term, that might be a better investment.

Engrish puleaze! Seriously though, that is the biggest dose of grammar nazi douchisim, I've ever seen!

No explanation so I'll pass on that one...

So is not being an a$$ to other members of the forum. I said it before, if you want a cheap laugh, you'll be gone soon enough. Nobody is perfect so just stop for a second and think about that one. Also from what I have seen, all you have done is go grammar nazi in every post of yours I've seen. Why do you act in that manner? Are you unwilling to admit you don't have any knowledge of what we discuss on this forum? Do you really have nothing else to contribute other than an english lesson? Instead of acting like an "elitist" DB, why don't you come down off your high horse or pull whatever it is, out of where ever you shove things.

My advice to you is to chill out and give people a chance, instead of attempting to be a conformist, control freak, keyboard komanndo. If you fail to heed the warnings from those on the forum, you will be removed from the forum due to violations of the TOU, that you agreed to upon signing up for membership to the site.

Wait a minute, GUNMANSUPERSTAR is that you, or is it Speaker2Wolves? If it is either one of you 2, please disregard, the mods will be here soon to slap you for your insolence. :lol2:

Dreamquencher

Grammar Nazgûl
    Jan 20, 2013
    Undisclosed Location, MD
    Engrish puleaze! Seriously though, that is the biggest dose of grammar nazi douchisim, I've ever seen!

No explanation so I'll pass on that one...

So is not being an a$$ to other members of the forum. I said it before, if you want a cheap laugh, you'll be gone soon enough. Nobody is perfect so just stop for a second and think about that one. Also from what I have seen, all you have done is go grammar nazi in every post of yours I've seen. Why do you act in that manner? Are you unwilling to admit you don't have any knowledge of what we discuss on this forum? Do you really have nothing else to contribute other than an english lesson? Instead of acting like an "elitist" DB, why don't you come down off your high horse or pull whatever it is, out of where ever you shove things.

My advice to you is to chill out and give people a chance, instead of attempting to be a conformist, control freak, keyboard komanndo. If you fail to heed the warnings from those on the forum, you will be removed from the forum due to violations of the TOU, that you agreed to upon signing up for membership to the site.

Wait a minute, GUNMANSUPERSTAR is that you, or is it Speaker2Wolves? If it is either one of you 2, please disregard, the mods will be here soon to slap you for your insolence. :lol2:

Try decalf, my friend. Decalf I say.

Some people appreciate that I am helping to sharpen the sword of pro-2A justice by enhancing the verbal clarity of people who are attempting to write English correctly in support of our constitutional rights, yet fail.

Other people need to learn how to capitalize the word "English".

Oh, wait...

P.S. If you don't think I understand anything about what we are talking about on this forum, you clearly missed my post: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=103356

P.P.S. See you in Annapolis on 6 Feb.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Try decalf, my friend. Decalf I say.

Some people appreciate that I am helping to sharpen the sword of pro-2A justice by enhancing the verbal clarity of people who are attempting to write English correctly in support of our constitutional rights, yet fail.

Other people need to learn how to capitalize the word "English".

Oh, wait...

P.S. If you don't think I understand anything about what we are talking about on this forum, you clearly missed my post: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=103356

P.P.S. See you in Annapolis on 6 Feb.

You spelled "decaf" wrong. Keep sharpening.....

(Just playing with you not being serious except about the spelling, it's decaf)

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Assault in the 2nd degree is a prohibiting misdemeanor:
    (b) Penalty.- Except as provided in subsection (c) of this section, a person who violates subsection (a) of this section is guilty of the misdemeanor of assault in the second degree and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 10 years or a fine not exceeding $2,500 or both.
    Even though its not a felony, it carries a sentence of two-or-more years in prison so it is a federal prohibition. You'll need to do a lot more digging to find out how PBJ works with prohibiting charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom