• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I am a bit unclear about something. If you have your phone interview, they speak with your spouse, etc. Do you still have a follow-up FTF interview? Is the phone interview IT?

DPRO556

Mar 4, 2012
    And let me add to my "And how could he not know that" comment to go on to say that I'm sure the troopers that contacts you may not be the person who make the final decision, however much of what the trooper puts into his notes about you will weigh heavily on the outcome.

If you go to your face to face and act like a goofball without an ounce of brains, the trooper will be making note of how you presented yourself that the people/troopers that do make the final decision will be reading about you. That's why that bring you in to ask you the same questions they could ask on the phone. They want to see who they may be giving a CCW to.

I understand that it is his job to make a judgement on an applicants character.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I don't know of one out-of-state applicant that has been called/interviewed, and I follow this closely. Doesn't look like we're on their radar, but our $75.00 was cashed weeks ago.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I don't know of one out-of-state applicant that has been called/interviewed, and I follow this closely. Doesn't look like we're on their radar, but our $75.00 was cashed weeks ago.
    Don't feel bad, I'm 2 days short of a month and I havn't heard jack sh!+.
    About the only time the state worries about this part of the state is when taxes are due!!

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Even though that should have NOTHING to do with the permit process. :sad20:

I understand that it is his job to make a judgement on an applicants character.

But that is a fact of life in MD. I just get a kick out of these troopers that are telling many of the guys that ask if they have anything to do with the out come. And they act as if or say that they do not have anything to do with the approval or not.

If they get a bad vibe from you, it does not matter if it's justified or not...Guess what :tdown:

For example you answer on the app if you have issues with booze and you answer no, but you go to your interview smelling like a bar room.:tdown:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Don't feel bad, I'm 2 days short of a month and I havn't heard jack sh!+.
    About the only time the state worries about this part of the state is when taxes are due!!

Yeah, don't feel bad.

5 applicants that I know who applied out of Saint Marys County (end of the earth in SoMD) has heard a whole lot of nothing also.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    application received on 27th March, check cashed and finger print letter received.
    I know it'll be awhile, but I can wait of a good thing.

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    Cause he probably simply doesnt care.

He's given a packet and has to follow X,Y,Z and fill out a pre printed form that he did X,Y,Z then he sends it off.

Likely doesnt hurt his feelings one way or another and is probably something he doesnt overly take interest in when considering his other duties.

He's filling in blanks on a form.

The trooper who did my ftf interview specifically said that he had no clue what the final decision is on permits for the folks he interviews. He just does the interviews and initial paperwork, then it gets passed along to the next step in the process.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    When I got mine a few years back, the Trooper told me that they give a recommendation regarding whether a permit should be issued. He told me "they" usually follow the Trooper's recommendation. I don't know who "they" is......
    Sounds like good and substantial BS to me. :tdown: I don't want a phone call. I hope judge legg tells them to issue the damn permits and I just get it in the mail one day. (the way it should be)

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    When I got mine a few years back, the Trooper told me that they give a recommendation regarding whether a permit should be issued. He told me "they" usually follow the Trooper's recommendation. I don't know who "they" is......

There is most likely a few senior troopers that are in charge of the hand gun section and it is their signature that is most likely needed for a ccw approval after the investigation is complete.

Also I bet they only meet after there are a stack of application ready for their approval. I'm guessing the investigating trooper's will summarize in their report if the applicant meets whatever standards they want us to meet, and may note there is or is no reason to not approve the app.

I'm also guessing that unless their is something the investigating trooper noted as a possible issue that should be looked at by the senior troopers, I think the senior troopers will just sign off on the app and will not rehash it, relying on the judgment of the investigation trooper.

OR... I could be COMPLETLY WRONG! This is just what I think happens.

If I'm only half right, it may be technically true that the investigating troopers we will be dealing with are not the people who do the final approval, but I bet not only do they know who the senior troopers that do sign on the dotted line are, they also know what they put down in the investigation note has EVERYTHING to do with you getting your ccw or not unlike what they seem to claim.

So the investigating troopers are not the innocent bystanders they seem to want us to believe.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Also I bet they only meet after there are a stack of application ready for their approval. I'm guessing the investigating trooper's will summarize in their report if the applicant meets whatever standards they want us to meet, and may note there is or is no reason to not approve the app.

Once the temporary stay is removed, the only standard is the law. ;)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don't think any of us will live long enough to see that in MD.

We will. It may take a couple of years. The MSP is going to have to change how they do things. They don't have the man-power to continue with their current permitting scheme. Also, once G&S is gone, the only thing they can use to reject you is a criminal history/severe mental illness (that's another story). This is a fundamental right, and the government can only restrict is in very specific circumstances. There will be no need for an interview. You can be a smelly mountain man who is abrasive and dislikes the police, but if you have no criminal history or serious mental illness (very narrowly defined), they can't keep you from getting a permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom