• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Thanks to a fellow member here, I've got a M11/9 in purgatory. It came with a Lage MAX-31 mk2 upper.

A few weeks ago I picked up several 50 round Suomi coffin mags because I dig them over the probably more useful and definitely cheaper 72 round drums (plus the next UziTalk drum sale is taking forever to happen).

The coffins were in pretty good shape for WW2 surplus, but I felt they deserved to be pretty. I had Bollingers cerakote them to match the Lage upper. They did their usual phenomenal work.

1e0a1cba9621e568da8340c23b338097.jpg

4d24b5f755c055fd4b59f2bac2382edb.jpg

e46cc9254bf16dc1d5d68d7c328a97f9.jpg

I also picked up some Shockwave 50 round mags and snapped a pic showing the size difference. I think when Shockwave comes out with their Suomi adapters later this year, that'll be pretty slick. Too bad they won't be double stacked though.

8a71a5d6bb3aa0b527f5c27b0f8e899f.jpg

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Sweet!!! I wish I was home so I could bring over my M-11. We could play duel M-11's on the dueling tree :D

Have you test fired the Shockwave 50rnd mag? I hope those mags are more reliable then the US machinegun or the metal finnish conversion mags. I would suspect they are, considering all the hype.

carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    I haven't had a chance to shoot the Shockwaves. Fingers crossed, but it sounds like all the kinks are worked out of the product. The 30 rounders I heard had some, but a good cleaning sorted those out.

Hopefully the stamps start rolling in here shortly, but honestly I probably have a few more months to go. It's only been a little over 2 months since the ATF cashed the checks (form 4 with a trust).

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Your coffin mags turned out really nice. I have a couple for my Max-31A. They work great, bu are a bit of a pain to load. I mainly use the 72 round drums. How is the 50 rd shockwave to load? I used to have some similar 50 round mags for the Uzi, but they never fed reliably.

carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Just dicking around with the SW50's, they seem really easy to load with an UpLULA.

I have a total of eight Suomi coffin mags and five of them seem to fit the Lage upper fine. The other three have some fitment issues i need to work out. I didn't try them before they were cerakoted, but they definitely don't fit the upper now.

Hopefully, the UT drum sale gets moving and we have more options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom